Where do you test and zero in your airsoft weapons?

Gunslinginghorserider
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all bit of a strange question maybe but where do you test your guns after upgrades or even just to set scopes.

Now I know the obvious place would be your site but if you want to set them up before hand then where.

I only ask because I have a very small garden with neighbors that would no doubt worry if they seen me.

So can anybody give me some ideas as to where I might be able to carry this out without getting myself into trouble.

I do it indoors, I have 10m through a couple of doors across the house and that serves well enough for basic left/right and vertical adjustment on the scope without hop applied and for using a chronograph. I use a 17cm paper target holder with steel backing and cardboard boxes around it to catch a stray if something goes badly wrong and its all backed by a couple of MDF boards as the last line of defence for the wall. No holes yet but a few ricochets that could have been bad but thankfully weren't.

Then on site I still have to get the scope rotated correctly if its not aligned with the hop and then apply the right amount of hop and then rezero vertically. Its usually correct for left/right but vertical is usually lower. Given what I know I could probably formulate what the adjustment should be for that particular gun for vertical adjustment but honestly its not a big bother to zero vertically at chrono time. My primary concern is chronoing through the scope shooting at a tree is no where near as accurate as what I can achieve on paper but then the gun isn't really that accurate at its max effective range anyway to require moa levels of precision.

Would never condone breaking the law, but if you know the lay of the land you may have a direction that is perfectly safe should you direct fire in that direction... You could also if you do it wrong face very real consequences!

Just get to the site earlier and zero sights (or miss the first game).

A lot of the better sites have ranges for such things.

For testing, you can just fire them indoors and shoot into a DIY box that absorbs the energy so there are no ricochets.

Archived