Ouch. My ankle.

Paltala
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So today I tried out Airsoft for the very first time. Trojan Airsoft in Stockport, Greater Manchester. CQB Site, 6 levels, various game modes. A lot of fun and rather quite warm as well.

The very first game mode was Virus, for those who haven't done it, 3 people were viruses, they had unlimited lives the others didn't. If you were non-virus and got shot, virus.

Inevitably I got shot so I went on Virus and at one point we were all stacked up to try and breach a doorway at some stairs, I'd moved up to try my hand but it didn't work, no worries, down the stairs and...

Missed the last step.

I damn near go over on my ankle and fuck does it hurt. But I kept playing, limping and slowly but it got worse.

Now I'm home with my ankle on a pillow, sock on with a cold compress. It's helping but it's definitely, at a minimum, sprained. Hoping there's no minor fracture in there. If it's still bad, A&E first thing for an X-Ray I presume.

So that's why they told me to wear ankle support, or invest in it.

• Head Moderator

So that's why they told me to wear ankle support, or invest in it.

Hope that it is not too bad. If you did not take the advice then I am sure that you will now be buying some decent footwear in the near future.

So many new players seem to disregard footwear (and eyepro) in favour of camouflage clothing, tactical kit, gun accessories, etc.

Hope that it is not too bad. If you did not take the advice then I am sure that you will now be buying some decent footwear in the near future.

So many new players seem to disregard footwear (and eyepro) in favour of camouflage clothing, tactical kit, gun accessories, etc.

For me, it was more I hadn't played before and I didn't want to spend like £60 on some combat boots just to not like the game and never go again but definitely definitely buying boots now.

If it means anything, I don't have any gear myself but I know what I'm buying.

Boots.

Face mask.

Decent gloves.

Knee Pads.

Gun

In that order.

Its the number 1 airsoft injury, a twisted ankle. There is a reason people recommend boots. The problem is caused by trying to look down your sights while moving and you then aren't looking where you feet are going.

I did my first game without boots and got a way with it but I know why people recommend ankle support for airsoft.

Its the number 1 airsoft injury, a twisted ankle. There is a reason people recommend boots. The problem is caused by trying to look down your sights while moving and you then aren't looking where you feet are going.

I did my first game without boots and got a way with it but I know why people recommend ankle support for airsoft.

For me I was looking, just not hard enough. Dark plus facepro obscuring vision some and woops, there's my ankle.

Live and learn I guess.

• Supporters

Good boots are a must whether playing indoors or woodland. Combat boots are not necessarily the best though a good set of hiking boots will do just as well if not better than a lot of combat boots.

At least you got off lightly this time but its a good warning of what can happen.

Standard combat issue black boots can be utter pants in comparison to other options out there. For me personally they trash my feet.

Try as many different pairs out as you can to get the best fit and comfort for yourself.

Myself i love meindl desert foxes. All day comfortable, nice and light and give decent ankle support whilst still being flexible. However theu ateny waterproof so not much use in really muddy or wet conditions.

For a lot of outdoor sites, it's no boots, no play.

Archived