New player bedford

Carta4
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Gaz is the name, calling Carta. Plenty of ballistic experience but as I've moved to Bedford I can't shoot here so thought airsoft would feed the hunger! Milsim and tactical experience, looking for players to hang at days with and a team to join for skirmishes. Thanks for the time and look forward to a future in the sport.

Howdy - I'm just south of you near Hitchin.

Welcome.

I guess RIFT is your nearest site on the 4x4 offroad track ?

Milsims not far away from you either in Hertfordshire.

RIFT is part of/close to a 4x4 site? If so relevant to my interests, I am just on the Beds/Cambs border but Google maps says that's 1 hour 35ish - more in a diesel Defender!

Edit: I see it's Devil's Pit, as was. Wonder if any driving can be done there still?

Yes Devils Pit.

Ive not played there but I Think RIFT use it for part of the season and off roaders use it for the rest. Have a look at the DP website.

RIFT is part of/close to a 4x4 site? If so relevant to my interests, I am just on the Beds/Cambs border but Google maps says that's 1 hour 35ish - more in a diesel Defender!

Edit: I see it's Devil's Pit, as was. Wonder if any driving can be done there still?

It seems like the ranges might be a bit much - being used to air rifles airsoft is a bit of a comedown in comparison. (Not that non FAC air guns are anything impressive.) Also I find windage a real factor, for these reasons I assume CQB and in and around buildings to be the best environment.

That said I love the idea of Devil Spit (as I always think of it) I just wonder if it'd be worth the slog?

Ash youre not far at all, what sites do you use?

I've been to Coms Site 3 near Banbury. Pint and a chat sometime?

RIFT Coms 3 is good. I played at Gunman Tuddenham today which is similar in terms of buildings etc. I found RIFT were getting 100 players plus at Coms which put me off a bit. The numbers at Tuddenham were about a third of that, but it makes stealth softing more fun.

RIFT Coms 3 is good. I played at Gunman Tuddenham today which is similar in terms of buildings etc. I found RIFT were getting 100 players plus at Coms which put me off a bit. The numbers at Tuddenham were about a third of that, but it makes stealth softing more fun.

Last time I was at Coms I think it was around 140. But, from the way it's laid out, with 70 players on each side, and 5 or 6 main battle points, you end up spread out with a couple of teams of 5 people or so on each point. Doesn't end up as crowded as you might think (although good luck finding a space to get set up with your gear at the start!)

Coms is not a huge site and 140 seriously puts me off - its not just the gaming, its the parking, lunch, getting your kit ready and the briefing thats gets affected with too many people.

Each to their own

Archived