Ak47 series upgrade help please

GreenDragon
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I fancy having a go at my first upgraded gun but I'm a little unsure on the gearbox.

The gun I'm going to up grade is cm.028u

I want to try and get it to a support weapon.

So far for my own amusement I've got the following upgrades, hopup and rubber, inner barrel, spring 100/m ,

Now I want to speed up the rate of fire with a high speed short motor.....

Here's where I'm stuck do I need to upgrade the gears or can I run with the original factory fitted kit by CYMA???

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Changing the plugs to deans will help the ROF and it's very cheap to do if you can solder and if you can't, here is a good opportunity to learn.

No it won't changing to deans has a very slight difference on trigger response because its a cleaner path. For higher rof it's about gearing ratios and motor speed. You can increase motor speed by using a higher voltage battery but the change to deans is too small to affect rof in a noticeable way. Especially as most airsofters can't solder for crap and create some great dry joints the make the change pointless and that includes a lot of shop techs.

Archived