A question about mosfets

Karljohnmason
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all :)

I know this has been round and round.

I've read up as much as I can stomach and then some.

All the posts I can find on here and the web at large.

I have a sten gun, love it. I need it to be semi auto as I mainly game at the Stan.

Has anyone had much experience with the burst wizard?

There is a plug in and play one that seems like it might be the answer.

Is it easy to use? Do you think it'll work? How do you program them?

Assume I'm a complete noob as all my research has baffled me lol :)

Cheers

post-8207-0-09957800-1475857757_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Yes burst wizard "could" do it but timings can require a bit of paracetamol to get used to

There is the avacado one too but I'd avoid that as it isn't as good and bigger than Kong Burst Wizard

You can set the "burst" to single shot and maybe strtch the full auto delay from 0.5 to 1sec

that is the idea but I tried to talk a chap through it but had limited success :(

the other issue if battery depletes a lot then the timings of the burst can go out

plus when plugging in a new/fresh battery - ffs don't touch trigger for 5 secs until light goes out

when you first plug battery in - you are entering programming mode if you pull trigger - this can f*ck everything up if not careful

luckily the last setting in program is default setting - you may will need it

it "might" work of a sort, I'd say it should work but last guy I tried to help had issues and it was a little hit n miss 1 shot 2 shot 1 shot 2 shot so to speak

personally think this was down to another setting - there are about 15 of the bastids, and I'm no expert professor on them - just dabbled with one a bit

(major head f*ck at first if I'm honest)

hope this helps

I put a burst wizard in my sten. Works pretty well, just an occasional double shot. You will need to check with the site if this is acceptable. All you have to do is plug the mosfet in between the battery and the gun and then set it up with trigger pulls (read the manual). Once you set it up it's just a case of letting the mosfet learn the properties of the gun for a few shots and you're good to go.

cheers guys :)

I figured the burst wizard would be the one to use.

Thing is its £50 to try it.

i can live with the occasional double shot.

Think I'll check the bank, order one, then post the results.

It does come with a instruction mag?

• Supporters

https://www.airsoftworld.net/downloadablefiles/download/aitfile/aitfile_id/139/

I think you adjust:

(2) - burst count - set to 1 (single shot)

(3) - auto delay - time it waits to go full auto if trigger held down - dmr/sniper use a long delay to ensure single shot in use

(hold for say 1 full sec then she goes auto)

(7) - sensitivity - depends on gun/battery juice etc... - fine tuning to tweak it that it fires 1 shot rather than 0.75 or 1.5 shots per trigger pull

as battery depletes it can alter the accuracy of burst timings though

don't quote me fully on all this you may - nope will have to f*ck about a bit

main headache is just getting used to the programming sequence of it

it is very crude/basic and very easy to screw up on your first few attempts - seriously

luckily setting 15 resets it all back for you to try again....

but as you persevere it starts to fall into place

Just don't pull trigger when you plug battery in - that is the biggest thing you MUST remember

you pull trigger - think $HIT panic and screw all settings up again

so easy to do - coz we all plug battery in & almost instinctively pull the trigger to check a gun is all working - WAIT for light to extinguish !!!

But I can almost guarantee you will pull that trigger too early - lol, I did and not just the once

out of interest what type of battery connectors are in your gun - probably small tamiya

Airsoft World did do an offer for a tenner on certain guns long ago but that is long gone

Think I might have one around but on LARGE tamiya (small tamiya Kong's sold out quick on that offer)

could be an option if you was changing to deans or mini deans or if you wanted to mess about with fitting s tamiya back on

IF I can find it you can have it for £15 posted, but I'd have to have a look for it so don't get ya hopes up but think I might know where to look

got it.

dont pull the trigger lol

which i almost certainly will lol

Its mini tam connectors wise.

seen a burst wizard on amazon that has mini tam connectors

• 2 weeks later...

Bought myself a burst wizard super kong.

£50 of Amazon.

It works fantastically.

plug in and play 3 round burst is killer, but sadly not allowed at the Stan.

The instructions where a bit poorly written, but youtube to the rescue.

A quick mess around and ready to rock.

Brilliant piece of kit.

• Supporters

Bought myself a burst wizard super kong.

£50 of Amazon.

It works fantastically.

plug in and play 3 round burst is killer, but sadly not allowed at the Stan.

The instructions where a bit poorly written, but youtube to the rescue.

A quick mess around and ready to rock.

Brilliant piece of kit.

I used to use one on my M249 to get away with using it at The Mall. Burst set to 1 with full auto on a long hold. Great fun.

aye thats the one lol :)

had to warn my mate about that lol :)

works a charm though :)

Archived