MOSFET....Which brand

Shaddow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking to get a mosfet to install in my newly acquired CA M14.

Having very little experience with MOSFET, but handy enough with a soldier iron and wiring.

Wondering what the going recommendations are when it comes to brand and types?

Having had a quick look around, I found GATEE MOSFET's in various degrees (Pico SSR, NanoHARD, MERF3.2 etc..) each adding more function than the previous.

Guessing I wont really need anything over the top, just a standard MOSFET, as the M14 will be turning into a DMR, so no worries about burst fire or increase RoF. Just want good trigger response without risk of burning / wearing out contact points.

(Or are there further benefits to be had from a more expensive MOSFET system?)

Are there certain features to look at when considering a MOSFET unit?

Thanks!

• Supporters

http://www.firestormsystems.com/shop/electronics/mosfet-switch.html

comes with enough wire to rewire the gun - but if rewiring you need to get your own connectors (2.8mm spade & dean)

£10 delivered & IT IS BRITISH !!!!!!

Seriously - very few things I recommend but this simple non AB Mosfet is hard to beat

has its thermal fuse built in so can lose ye olde cartridge fuse

a guy on Zero In had trouble fitting one - turns out he had it wired in reverse polarity !!!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?265944-help-wiring-mosfet-gt-micro-switch&p=1450692#post1450692

BUT STILL WORKED - f*ck me only way to improve upon that would be if it gave free blow job - think that is the next model they are working on

edit - I think the guy was f*cking lucky tbh and I would advise you aim for installing it correctly first time if possible

all the same it is bloody small - some have even fitted these inside a non rear re-enforced v2 gearbox

(yeah I know you are looking to install one on a m14 but just showing additional crap for others benefit)

eg: G&G, VFC G&P types are do-able if your v2 box is like this:

shell.jpg

others like cyma/d-boys & others are re-enforced at back so can't squeeze in a mosfet inside box

eg: can't fit one inside if your box is like this:

DBO-BI-14-2.jpg

but it is bloomin' small so can go almost anywhere really - no biggy if you take a bit of time to site it well

most important bit is choosing where to site it & how you route the wires blah blah blah

I use the basic gate nano ssr mosfets in all my rifles. Yes there cheap & basic but does what it needs to so I'm happy with them

Thanks for the advice. Ordered the Firestorm MOSFET.

Free postage was also a nice little bonus when most UK airsoft sites seem to charge £5+ for even small items such as hop rubbers.

+1 to Firestorm!

Archived