Upgraded hop up & TBB

airbaseNG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking to upgrade my barrel and hop up unit, seems pretty simple to do after taking the gun apart.

What barrel would you recommend? (I might go longer and hide with a suppressor for accuracy)

Also may as well upgrade the hop-up unit while I'm in there.

The gun is an Ares Amoeba 016 with a 350mm barrel

PDI 6.05mm barrel and if it'll fut get a Krytac hop unit, bucking and nub.

edit, a longer barrel will not give better accuracy, stick with the length the gun was designed for.

If you don't want to spend as much on the PDI you could also consider a Prometheus barrel they are also pretty good as well. I would still lap it to smooth it out and clean it with cleaning alcohol to ensure its nice and perfectly clean.

As to hop units it kind of depends what the issue is. If its applying decent pressure to lift BBs and its not undoing then its not actually a bad hop unit. The issue is more than likely the bucking and nub producing inconsistency so replacing that with an R hop can make a bad hop unit look excellent (what I did with the Tar 21, has great hop now but the unit is still rubbish). So I would argue R hop/Flat hop with M nubs are more important than the unit itself, it would have to be pretty bad for that not to help.

Archived