Back in the game after 10 years! South Staffs noob

Jack Thrust
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I've been away from the sport for a good long while, I realised the other day that I haven't played since 2006! The introduction of the VCR Bill and some personal stuff meant I fell out of love with the sport, sold my guns and that was that. I've been toying with the idea of getting back into it for a while and now a mate and I have finally bitten the bullet (BB?) and we're going to Stormforce on the 30th October. It's literally 10 mins from my house so hopefully I enjoy it!

I had my first few games at Fireball Squadron who I see are still going, but the vast majority of my game time came at Hilton Park by Wolverhampton way. Does anyone know if this site is still going? I've had a good google and mooch around the forums but I can't find anything beyond a post back in 2010. It would seem it's no more which is a shame as I had some great times there. I seem to remember on one occasion a rather large hole was blown in the roof of the tin shed in the "jungle" bit with some kind of pyro which rather upset the nearby farmer and thereafter bangy pyros were a no no! There may also have been a life sized toy/inflatable crocodile involved at one stage but I may just be imagining that.....

It's been interesting catching up with all the latest kit that's about now. It's particularly good to see some decent AEGs about for reasonable prices. Back in the day (when all this were fields) Tokyo Mauri was king with Classic Army gaining a foothold and I think G & G had not long released their first AEG!

Anywho it's good to be back :D

welcome back....When leaving I think it has a lot to do with your mates at a certain age, same situation for me a few years back, friends got married, had babies and stopped playing. One positive thing is Facebook, it lets you connect with local players easily so always have someone to go if you have a case of the billy no mates :-)

• Head Moderator

Welcome back :). Goodbye pocket money.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the welcome chaps :)

Yeah I used to go with a fairly big group of mates but we all just kinda drifted apart round about then, out of about 8 of us I only still speak to 2! such is life I guess.

So anyway my first game back unfortunately coincided with a pretty dodgy stomach (teach me not to eat my own body weight in dodgy pizza the night before a game...) but as I'd already booked a hire gun I dragged myself along, didn't want my mate to miss out either.

Turns out Stormforce is literally 5 mins from my house which is very handy!

Despite feeling pretty rough I really enjoyed it, felt a bit lost as I didn't know the site at all and it was a long 2-3 hour session but the more I go the more I'll get to know the site.

Not sure how I feel about this one long session thing at the moment, I used to just play short games which I enjoyed a lot and gave me a chance to have a break, reload and get my bearings. I guess when I know the site better it'll be better.

Anyways by lunchtime I was absolutely wrecked and felt awful, had to knock it on the head but it felt good to be back in it and i'll definitely be back to Stormforce.

Going along to Hilton Park this Sunday as it turns out it's still going it'll be nice to see it again and see what's changed.

Glad to be back!

Archived