GBB - Colder Climate

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm still getting a feel for what best suits me before going out and buying a rifle. Plus, I need to sort out UKARA and stuff first. From the games I've played so far, I tend to be settling into a stealth/dmr role. Not quite as long range as sniper, but even with the hire M4s I've been using, I don't think I've ever felt the need for full auto once. So, I think I need to start looking at a semiauto dmr - maybe if there's an HK417, or MK11, that can be upgraded to fire .30s at 350-400 with decent accuracy.

I have an idea of a DMR setup that would work well in the sites I play at - MK11/M16/HK417 type, adjustable stock, foregrip/bipod combo, 4x ACOG with either mounted mini RDS, or a fullsize RDS on a 45 degree offset rail mount.

I think I'm probably best off still playing a few more games in different places until I'm sure, then having one made to spec with custom internals. And I can always get an inexpensive CM16 raider or something like that as well for when things call for a bit more close quarter work.

One of these might be a good starting point: http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric-4/pj25-p-j?from=listing&campaign-id=14

But as PT just said, you'll be way too hot using your numbers! Most site limits for DMRs are set with 0.2 and tend to be around 400FPS which would put you at an actual muzzle velocity with 0.3g around 326 FPS.

I doubt you'll find a UK site that will allow you to use a DMR that runs at 400fps on 0.3g BBs, even 350fps on 0.3g is too hot for a lot of UK sites!

The site I play at the max fps on a DMR using 0.3g BBs would be <328fps although most others I think would allow up to 345fps

Most UK sites which specifically allow DMR's to be defined as semi locked automatic weapons, (fps based on 0.2's) allow either 400 (1.48J), 425 (1.67J) or 450 (1.87J) fps.

Scaled to a 0.3g bb's, that allows for 326(1.48J), 347(1.67J) and 367(1.87J) respectively. 400 would be 2.22J, which roughly equates to 490fps on 0.2's which is highly unlikely to be allowed anywhere, you'll need to go to mainland Europe for that.

My nearest sites allow the 1.67J, apart from that I know of at least 4 sites UK wide that allow the 1.87J, however they all require anyone doing so to be long time members, and to be proven responsible players capable of correctly gauging distances in real measurements, rather than airsoft maters.

I doubt you'll find a UK site that will allow you to use a DMR that runs at 400fps on 0.3g BBs, even 350fps on 0.3g is too hot for a lot of UK sites!

The site I play at the max fps on a DMR using 0.3g BBs would be <328fps although most others I think would allow up to 345fps

One of these might be a good starting point: http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric-4/pj25-p-j?from=listing&campaign-id=14

But as PT just said, you'll be way too hot using your numbers! Most site limits for DMRs are set with 0.2 and tend to be around 400FPS which would put you at an actual muzzle velocity with 0.3g around 326 FPS.

Most UK sites which specifically allow DMR's to be defined as semi locked automatic weapons, (fps based on 0.2's) allow either 400 (1.48J), 425 (1.67J) or 450 (1.87J) fps.

Scaled to a 0.3g bb's, that allows for 326(1.48J), 347(1.67J) and 367(1.87J) respectively. 400 would be 2.22J, which roughly equates to 490fps on 0.2's which is highly unlikely to be allowed anywhere, you'll need to go to mainland Europe for that.

My nearest sites allow the 1.67J, apart from that I know of at least 4 sites UK wide that allow the 1.87J, however they all require anyone doing so to be long time members, and to be proven responsible players capable of correctly gauging distances in real measurements, rather than airsoft maters.

This is all news to me - I worked it out on where I've played before: RIFT have a 500 fps limit for semi auto DMR, same as snipers. (no info on BB weight, but would assume .20g)

I worked out that 500 @ 0.20 is 2.32J energy.

That energy on a 0.30 is 408.25fps. So as long as I got one in the 350-400 range, I'm within site limits.

This is all news to me - I worked it out on where I've played before: RIFT have a 500 fps limit for semi auto DMR, same as snipers. (no info on BB weight, but would assume .20g)

I worked out that 500 @ 0.20 is 2.32J energy.

That energy on a 0.30 is 408.25fps. So as long as I got one in the 350-400 range, I'm within site limits.

I was under the impression that RIFT was 450, and the 500 max was only relating to weapons likely to incur joule creep (Gas/HPA), which was basically along the lines of if it chrono's at less than or equal to 450 on 0.2g but must also chrono below equivalent to 500 after joule creep is taken into account on heavier bb's. That was the head marshall's reasoning to me at their Cottenham (Cambs) site.

WOW, 500fps on semi auto.... why would anyone bother with a bolt action rifle? Yup, your maths is correct and I stand corrected although I don't get why they say fps limit 450, then have 500 in brackets as max. A max is a max surely? Why don't they just say 500? I might take my Krytac PDW up there with the M160 spring fitted as that was a beast!

DMR - Semi Auto Only

450 FPS (500 FPS max) 30 meter minimum engagement rule.
2/3 Second delay between shots / wait until the first shot has landed before firing again.
Semi Auto LOCKED - please report to a Marshal on the Day.
(typical battery operated Semi Auto Weapon)
Side arm required for CQB.

I was under the impression that RIFT was 450, and the 500 max was only relating to weapons likely to incur joule creep (Gas/HPA), which was basically along the lines of if it chrono's at less than or equal to 450 on 0.2g but must also chrono below equivalent to 500 after joule creep is taken into account on heavier bb's. That was the head marshall's reasoning to me at their Cottenham (Cambs) site.

ahh ty for the clarification

Ah. For coms site 3, it states 500 for a "typical battery operated semi-auto weapon".

FPS Limits

Pistols:

Spring, Co2 or Gas - not to exceed 350fps

Shotguns:

Spring, Co2 or Gas, single or Multishot - not to exceed 350fps

Electric or Gas Assault Weapon:

350 FPS - Full Auto allowed at range - Single Shot when close.

2 Second Burst at all times.

Support Weapons:

MAX 400 FPS - 30 meter minimum engagement rule.

Support Weapons Firing between 350-400 FPS must adhere to 30 metre engagement rule & may use a 4 second burst, with the bi-pod deployed, firing from a static fixed position. A Support Gunner may use a 2 second burst when they are moving from one position to another.

Side arm required for CQB.

---

Support Weapons Firing 350 fps and below may engage at close range, however, we will ask that you do NOT fire Full Auto point blank at another player.

4 Second Burst allowed as long as the Bi-Pod is deployed and the weapon is being fired from a static fixed position.

DMR - Semi Auto Only

Maximum 500fps 30 meter minimum engagement rule.

2/3 Second delay between shots / wait until the first shot has landed before firing again.

(typical battery operated Semi Auto Weapon) - side arm required for CQB.

Sniper / Bolt Action:

Maximum 500fps - 30 meter minimum engagement rule.

(typical long range Sniper - side arm required for CQB)

We allow all Airsoft weapons on Site as long as they are strictly in line with UK FPS limits.

Archived