Camera opinions

sniperslucky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

`Hi All,

What are peoples thoughts on best camera to use, i.e best wide angle / view after recorded. My son has a go pro and on reviewing the action its hard to see what happening.

Are go pro best suited to CQB, we play in woodlands

Thoughts:

Go-Pro are too expensive, only advantage is a battery that you can change without tools and a waterproof case. Go Mobius, if it gets shot out you can buy 4 for less than 1 Go-Pro and the lenses can be had for £20.

I am currently running Mobius v1 as barrel and headcam with a Mobius 2 as scopecam and am very impressed with them. the battery lasts around 2hrs in each and the Mobius 1 is better in lower light than the 2 (although if I ran the 2 at 30fps instead of 60 it would be on par). Mobius 1's can be had for around £55 and the 2's are around £70 from http://www.banggood.com/search/mobius.html

They are also far sleeker than the Go-Pro and lighter too so when head mounted wont bounce around when you run.

As far as seeing what is happening, you'll struggle with all actioncams except in a CQB environment but you can improve this on the Mobius cameras by changing the lens for a magnified lens. I have posted a "how to" vid on my youtube channel.

• Supporters

I run a combo of both Mobius and GoPros. If I am going full-record mode with my Jag PHX-15, I will have a GoPro Hero 3+ Black on my helmet, a GoPro Hero 3+ Black on my buffer tube (looks like COD gameplay), a Mobius with a 7x zoom lens as a scopecam, and a GoPro Hero 4 Silver on my 3DR SOLO quadrotor following me (its an awesome drone). For the full immersion as a sniper I will have the Hero 4 Silver as a headcam, the Mobius with the normal lens as a facecam, my ATX HD II sight (which records as a scopecam in 1080), and the GoPro Hero 3+ Black and Silver on both of my mates' heads for another POV. Its quite the setup, but it works well for outdoor gameplay. For CQB GoPros or Mobius cams are fine.

I run a combo of both Mobius and GoPros. If I am going full-record mode with my Jag PHX-15, I will have a GoPro Hero 3+ Black on my helmet, a GoPro Hero 3+ Black on my buffer tube (looks like COD gameplay), a Mobius with a 7x zoom lens as a scopecam, and a GoPro Hero 4 Silver on my 3DR SOLO quadrotor following me (its an awesome drone).

WOWZERS... nearly £1k on cameras, not including the drone. What is your YouTube channel?

• Supporters

WOWZERS... nearly £1k on cameras, not including the drone. What is your YouTube channel?

Same as here. Although I haven't put up a video in quite awhile... Like your most recent status update - a lot of editing for not alot of product. I have about 7 videos that are 75% complete, but just seem to be lacking something... Ill figure them out eventually...

Love my hero 4, quality is superb and the angle width means it's nearly impossible not to capture whats going on in front of you. Looks great mounted on the gun too.

Got a Runcam2 - not had too much chance to use it, but seems to catch airsofting, and cycling quite nicely, you can also get different lenses for it, albeit no waterproof case (just yet), Comes in at about £80, with replacement batteries at £9 or so.

Can't say a bad word about the SJCam 4000,

Check out the online reviews there's no need for me to repeat what's already out there.

not so easy to use as a scopecam though!

not so easy to use as a scopecam though!

Yeah you're right.

I did get some Chinese thing that cost about £40 for a scope cam - worked GREAT... for two days. Then the battery life reduced down to about 2 minutes.

I have the SJCam mounted on my helmet which is great though!

The batteries are removable so you can have spares at the ready too

I can vouch for the SJ4000 as a cheap alternative to a GoPro. Video quality's pretty much the same, plus it has a removable battery which I believe certain GoPro's do not. The only issue I had was sound quality, but then, I don't think it's that great on a GoPro either. I just drilled through the protective case where the mic is, and viola...

Another one for SJ4000, simple enough to use. I own 7 of them now, and it's still cost me less than a single Go Pro Hero(Insert any number here) Black. If on a day i'm actually recording, i'll have one on my helmet and another on a shoulder mount. Both have little slots in the case to plug usb cables to, so I can run an external battery extending the recording time to a point where I can actually run out of space on the memory card - (1080p60). Theoretical maximum card is only 32GB, but i've got 64GB Samsung cards recognised by them with a little jiggery pokery with the firmware.

A word of warning though, get a version without WiFi, the wifi version software is garbage, as you need to keep your connected device powered on at all times whilst filming or it stops recording.

Another one for SJ4000, simple enough to use. I own 7 of them now, and it's still cost me less than a single Go Pro Hero(Insert any number here) Black. If on a day i'm actually recording, i'll have one on my helmet and another on a shoulder mount. Both have little slots in the case to plug usb cables to, so I can run an external battery extending the recording time to a point where I can actually run out of space on the memory card - (1080p60). Theoretical maximum card is only 32GB, but i've got 64GB Samsung cards recognised by them with a little jiggery pokery with the firmware.

A word of warning though, get a version without WiFi, the wifi version software is garbage, as you need to keep your connected device powered on at all times whilst filming or it stops recording.

i think there's a way to disable the wifi through the camera's menu, but yea... ^ what he said xD

As far as seeing what is happening, you'll struggle with all actioncams except in a CQB environment but you can improve this on the Mobius cameras by changing the lens for a magnified lens. I have posted a "how to" vid on my youtube channel.

Hi, Whats your youtube account please to watch.

Archived