Firehawk vs scorpion evo

Elts7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all

How does the firehawk compare to the evo?

I know there is a massive difference but ibe been reccomended both. Does the extra £150 warrent buying the scorpion or would you try the firehawk?

Thanks

Fair enough😂 thought so. A shops doing me a bundle for a discount price next sat for me so should be goood

Yeah i cant wait to get it now. Debaiting ordering it online or waiting till mext week for a deal

Why? Out of curiosity. Looking into getting one soon

I assume is because of the build quality and the accuracy along with the trigger response?

• Supporters

Yeah, that's the one complaint I've got with it, but then an awful lot of ambi selector AEGs are the same sadly. Worth it for the materials used and the internal quality though.

I just wish there were more models out there like it. Externally built with the same materials as the real thing (to a high standard), really top notch gearbox with an excellent electronics system/motor and bolt-lock on empty. Anything that gives you all that for sub £500 like the Evo does would be a sure winner.

• Supporters

Yeah, I can't imagine it would be a massive task for ASG to repurpose the system (electronics etc) for an Armalite type gun. Though if they wanted to maintain the quality they have with the scorpion then it'd cost a LOT more, can't injection mould 7075 aluminium.

• Supporters

Of course, but the AR would be one of the more expensive firearms to try and replicate in airsoft form, since the far east, as you know, just geared up for large scale production of machined aluminium receivers (though if they bit the bullet and tooled up for it large scale they probably could start doing it economically as the US does). Plenty of stamped steel and/or plastic firearms out there to copy though. A really top level AR in that realm would be awesome, but if it had the features we're discussing I'd be interesting in pretty much any popular design tbh. AK, G36 would be a good option, Tavor/x95, UMP etc.

Why? Out of curiosity. Looking into getting one soon

It was just a really nice gun to play with and having the super quick change spring allowed woodland play as well as CQB.

Do the recent ASG gun releases not retain the leading positive features of the scorpion?

Pardon?

Pardon?

Has ASG not taken the 'best parts' of the Scorpion and implemented them into their new line of ASG rifles, ie: The Bren 805

Has ASG not taken the 'best parts' of the Scorpion and implemented them into their new line of ASG rifles, ie: The Bren 805

Nope. Took one apart and facepalmed when I saw how bog standard it was.

Nope. Took one apart and facepalmed when I saw how bog standard it was.

I know...I was assisting someone else who didnt understand what Sacarathe said :)

Archived