Cyma CM701c issues

CornishMatt
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

New here so expect stupid questions...!

Anyway, I bought this rifle for my son and I; he's a bit young for an air rifle so this was the next step after a couple of lesser BB guns with which he showed good potential.

So we've had this for a few months, got a decent sight for it, just about zeroed it then it stopped loading pellets. One did get crushed in the breech but I cleared this.

It's cocking but not feeding pellets into the chamber; I've tried all three mags but no joy. The mag retention clip is pretty poor but the mags are clicking "home" - any ideas?

The shop I bought it from is NOT being very helpful so I don't think they will return it.

If all else fails, I'll wait a bit and get an airgun; it's only for target practise!

at the top of each mag is the BB retention latch, when you insert the magazine into the gun does it release the latch to allow the BB from the mag into the hop up?

at the top of each mag is the BB retention latch, when you insert the magazine into the gun does it release the latch to allow the BB from the mag into the hop up?

I think so; but I'll have a fiddle with all three just in case that's an issue. Thanks!

When it works, it's flipping powerful for a BB gun. Straight through both sides of a drinks can at about 10m!

All three mags appear to be okay.

Feeds in each BB pellet then it just gets stuck. Also the cocking handle springs back on its own; when it worked okay, you had to pull it then push it back to load it.

I fear the bin may be the only option...!

Have you turned the hop on too far?

The cocking handle issue sounds like the sear return spring has broken, you'll have to remove the trigger mechanism to fix that if you are able on that gun.

What BBs are you using? (weight and brand)

Probably a bit light; .25 black ones (will look up the brand when I'm home); it comes with a spare spring of some sort but not sure what it's for.

I'm okay with "real" guns (three years OTC/TA) but a bit stumped on this one! Appreciate all replies; thanks!

I'll adjust the hop and see if that helps.

• 1 month later...

Well it took three months to not fix, I ended up asking for a refund.

I'll be buying something like an Air Arms S510 soonish - just not convinced BB guns are built to last.

BB guns are toys. A good quality airsoft gun however will last years with very little maintenance if looked after. Maybe you purchased a lemon. Did you ask the shop to replace it under warranty? or did you just give up on it?

Unfortunately shops like Just BB Guns etc sell utter crap and sell to folk who have less understanding of the game of airsoft. I've no idea if the Cyma VSR clone is any good but can 100% recommend buying a TM VSR10 G-Spec for plinking in out the box power levels.

BB guns are toys. A good quality airsoft gun however will last years with very little maintenance if looked after. Maybe you purchased a lemon. Did you ask the shop to replace it under warranty? or did you just give up on it?

Unfortunately shops like Just BB Guns etc sell utter crap and sell to folk who have less understanding of the game of airsoft. I've no idea if the Cyma VSR clone is any good but can 100% recommend buying a TM VSR10 G-Spec for plinking in out the box power levels.

I gave them over three months to fix it, checked out a few reviews but wasn't at all convinced the magazine catch was at all durable (the rest seemed okay). It was over priced at £189.99 but I got it for £140 - a lot for a "toy" IMO. We've got two other BB guns which have lasted far longer but aren't anywhere near as accurate.

I tried out a rifle club last night (cartridge an air rifle) but it was a long drive away and a bit old school for me - over an hours driving to shoot 15 rounds through an ancient rimfire rifle with iron sights wasn't really what I was looking for.

Meanwhile I have a decent(ish) sight and two sets of clamps going spare...!

I'll check out the one you suggest - maintenance wise, I look after everything as well as humanly possible.

EDIT - checked out that link and that is EXACTLY the same as what I got (visually)! I'll hang out for an air rifle once the wife "lets" me get one (you'd think at my age, I'd be allowed to get one!!).

The TM looks the same as it is the original. All other manufacturers make clones of the TM. It is far better quality, the silencer even works. It has an amazing hop unit and can be had for around £200 ish.

An air rifle will always be more accurate though.

The TM looks the same as it is the original. All other manufacturers make clones of the TM. It is far better quality, the silencer even works. It has an amazing hop unit and can be had for around £200 ish.

An air rifle will always be more accurate though.

Thanks PT - I can tell that the TM is better finished, especially the exposed metal parts but I think I'll hang on for an air rifle.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

Archived