Tm aa12 users?

Elts7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all

Just wondering if any of you have used or own the aa12? Heard mixed reviews about them. Im more of a shot gun kinda guy and debating taking a look at them or sticking with the scorpion evo.

I only cqb too btw

Thanks

• Supporters

Its... interesting. Kinda two-sided - either you love it or you hate it. And its expensive. You will buy one of the drums because, lets face it, a full auto shotty needs a drum. the individual hops are a neat idea though...

Yeah i was thinking that or trying to get one 2nd hand maybe? I like shotguns just dunno what peoples opinions are on them. Seen some people say theyre useless while other swear by them. My sites semi only so itd still be useful having a drum

• Supporters

Not really a shot gun kinda person but if i was to go for one i would go with a TM M870 thought the Salient licensed APS CAM 870 really looks lovely

I was speaking with a lad who has one. He said it will chew a mag in 3 seconds flat so he had to get loads of them as drum mag was hard to find. He did say it was loads of fun tho.

• Supporters

Drum mags are out and around now, saw them on Airsoft Zone just earlier without even looking.

Not heard of any reliability issues really; end of the day you know what it is when you're going in for it. It's a big, chunky, expensive, electric automatic version of the old tri-shot pump springers (maybe slightly better range). That's either something that floats your boat or it isn't, for most folks at least I'd imagine. It's not gonna be a nippy little package like the EVO, it's for just laying down big volumes of fire, probably moving slower about the place most likely(if you're an average sized human).

Ahh i see. Im really tempted but a few guys at the place i play said theyre not great and i should look at the evo or the g n g firehawk if the budget it low but ik not too sure qhat to look at as i loan my friend my evo sometimes so im aftwr a back up really

Am I the only one who thinks the silver bits look like they belong on a £30 corner shop bb gun?

Yeah they dont look great but i was always a fan of the aa12 in games as i liked being on the frontline but i dont know how itll fair in the outsise enviroment around the buildings

• Supporters

Well, I can tell you the EVO is a great gun. Light, superb material used for the construction, top quality internals with an excellent trigger response and compact magazines; super efficient CQB weapon. A small G&G AR is fairly similar in terms of skirmish usage really, just obviously the cheaper/less realistic option but still very functional. Of course they're both small and fire one BB at a time, the AA-12 is a big ol' beast comparatively.

• Supporters

Maintenance easy on them?

Yeah relatively but it all depends on know how.

There are plenty of guides if you have any issues. I wouldn't worry about that too much though as the evo shouldn't give you any hassles for a long time and if it does thats what a warranty is for. Any issues feel free to pm me.

Yeah relatively but it all depends on know how.

There are plenty of guides if you have any issues. I wouldn't worry about that too much though as the evo shouldn't give you any hassles for a long time and if it does thats what a warranty is for. Any issues feel free to pm me.

Cheers pal. Think ill try picking up the gun battery and 3 mags this week maybe

Archived