'Airsoft International' Magazine

Beethoven
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The two I know of are Airsoft International and Airsoft Action. I prefer AI over AA as the copy of AA I bought focused more on history and milsims where as AI was more bling bling high end gear and product showcasing. That's being rather simplistic though. I just grab the occasional copy from the newsagents. Why don't you grab a copy of both and see which you prefer rather than diving straight in with a subscription?

• Supporters

Seems like a bit of a waste of money to me. When I finally managed to find a shop that was selling a copy it was lots of articles about stuff that had been discussed on forums 6-12 months ago(or more) and it had around 40 pages of adverts.

I guess it's alright if you like to have a physical copy to read.

• Root Admin

Yep, I find both magazines to be an awful waste of money. The amount of advertising in them is pretty bonkers too for a publication that costs so much, but I suppose it's nice so it's tricky. It does cater to a certain someone who doesn't want to put the time into reading stuff online (absolutely nothing wrong with that) and to have their stuff curated for them, but it does mean far less depth and they're almost always behind the curve by a good few months.

It would also be nice if the featured HPA and CO2 more prominently as they're two promising fields that've been moving forward a lot recently, but I suppose the majority of players are still using electric so I can see where they come from on that too.

• Head Moderator

Here are some previous threads on the same subject (searching on "Airsoft" or "Magazine" does not help), the first one I started myself last summer. Do not think much has changed since then.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/27629-airsoft-monthly-periodicals/?hl=international

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/29117-the-current-state-of-uk-airsoft-magazines/?hl=international

I wrote a comparison between the two on here as well.

AI is atrociously 'edited'.

AA is very good but veers off into historical rambling.

The nature of the two magazines has been pretty much described, AI is flashy stuff and ad's, AA is alot of history articles and ad's. All that said, I don't agree with them being ' a waste of money'. They don't cost all that much per month, i'de rather pay and have them then keep a couple of pounds and not.

Archived