£150ish CQB rifles - reccomendations? new or second hand?

Roundel91
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The G&G range mentioned are solid, reliable and always have a big fan base. For a little bit more you should also look at the Specna range. All metal unlike the G&G, great range and rate of fire straight from the box and easy to work with internally. Prices are starting to creep up now they are becoming more established which is a shame as they were superb value for money.

Had a chance to look at these closer, fantastic price for a full metal, uses E&C parts. The gearbox spring is QD but uses the standard trigger block. Also you don't have to remove the GB from the receiver to change the spring, just the stock - not even the stock tube - very cool. Receiver and GB also has bolt stop mechanism. Quality of metal receiver is the best ACM I've seen, quality of MOTS clone is also really nice. Haven't yet tested how well the internals stand up - overall very impressed.

Be careful with the legs of the bipod, they break off very easily. Nice purchase though

Ive already had to glue the nut for the winder back into place, the legs also have a habit of interlocking if you lock them away quickly which is a bit of a nuisance, but tbh i can live with that for the sake of £8 odd. In all honesty i only went for grip pos so i can stand up nicely on a table.

might need a raised mount/base/riser for sight to clear front sight but might be ok depending on your final choice

good gun to get you going with, I'm sure you will enjoy plenty of peew peew with it

Im certainly lookong forward to seeing what it can do. Got a game this friday night at warehouse airsoft in louth.

• Supporters

@ImTriggerHappy.....and once he joins a club he will have said defence if he hasn't already done so....no requirement for UKARA to repaint the weapon.

Where did I mention UKARA I said defence and yes I know them all.

If he has site membership then he qualifies to be put on the UKARA register anyway (it's not a licence).

You stated he could paint it because he was 25 which is wrong because to repaint it classes as manufacturing for which he requires a provable defence (notice again I didn't say UKARA).

Before you correct people at least make sure you have your own facts right.

• Supporters

And before you correct people you should read the posts fully..as the gent in question believed he requires UKARA before painting his weapon.. when actually all he requires is a club/site membership

I wasn't correcting him I was correcting you.

You stated because he was 25 it was ok to repaint it and that he only needed a defence to purchase a rif which is incorrect.

You do realise that all UKARA is, is a list of people with site memberships?

The requirement of 3 games in a period of no less than 2 months is the requirement for site membership and site membership is the requirement to be entered on the UKARA database. But that still doesn't change the fact your post was incorrect.

Chill out people. For what its worth i'm not yet registered as a member with any club yet anyway, but that should change tomorrow. I'm just trying to keep my head under the parapet.

• Supporters

FFS - let it f*cking go

This is a public forum and we have to remain within the VCRA & all that....

Yes I was tempted to suggest a bit of Fairy could be spilt blah blah blah

but we have to remember that this is an open UK forum which others view

so it is worth noting we can not be seen to encourage ways of bending/breaking da rules

Yes technically a 13 can be gifted a RIF blah blah blah UKARA defense is mainly for the purchase of RIF's blah blah blah bollox

But - all the same this place has to been seen to respect the VCRA even if some parts we may not all fully 101% agree with

me personally the paint/colour of an airsoft gun by a player doesn't matter to me as much as a person's maturity & conduct with an airsoft gun

I have witnessed many dick players with UKARA and seen some very mature younger players or players without defense/UKARA

back on track - we all have to be seen to conduct ourselves on here and stay nigh on within the lines of the regulations of our sport

The whole UKARA & VCRA raises its ugly head, all hell breaks loose and various people will quote the full act to the letter

& others will quote the relevant bits that matter most to airsoft

I'm not selling or trading guns to anybody u18 and respect the rules & regulations of airsoft that should also be respected on forums too by responsible players/followers of the sport

Do not take offense to this - it is just understanding how it all works and how we all need to tread a little carefully when posting on here

peace x x x

• Supporters

Some people obviously like the sound of their own words...

Yeah you.

Sorry but you put up a post with incorrect info that could potentially cause someone to do something illegal and when its pointed out the info is incorrect you get all affronted and wont accept your post is wrong and giving out bad info. All you had to say was my bad and leave it alone. Instead you get on your high horse and make out like I am in the wrong when I am not. I know the vcra pretty well after reading it several times and there being a lot of back and forths on here discussing the act.

Get over yourself and accept the info was bad, it happens and its no biggie unless you choose to make it one.

I'll be the bigger man and leave it there...sorry Roundel91...hope you got something out of it

Dont sweat it mate. Tbh i don't agree with some of the stuff surrounding that topic anyway, but for the sake of keeping people happy i just toe the line.

And before you correct people you should read the posts fully..as the gent in question believed he requires UKARA before painting his weapon.. when actually all he requires is a club/site membership

That's not true either.

Archived