£150ish CQB rifles - reccomendations? new or second hand?

Roundel91
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.

Im trying to work out my options for buying a rifle once im registered with UKARA. I intend to play mostly CQB and a little bit of stuff medium range.

Having never owned my own gun id like to ask what the the masses would recommend with having a budget of around £150.

My ideal criteria is as follows:

No AK's

Must be able to take a few knocks

Fairly low maintenance and easily stripped

Be able to use staight out of the box.

So far from what ive done homework wise the G&G CM series rifles look like a good a shout, have also thought the same about ICS sportline stuff.

That being said ive also noticed in the classifieds that other higher priced stuff can be had second hand for prices a little lower than new.

So what would you all recommend? Not really fussy

Thanks in advance

Roundel

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The G&G is what i keep looking at. Especially the raider L as it has the rails to mount a grip and light. Every website ive looked at so far has shown them out of stock so i figure theyre in high demand. Im guessing theyre made in smaller batches? Whats the average wait time for them be ordered in?

If you want to use it on other sites than CQB then the Raider is the better option.

I think Hockley Airsoft Arena had them in store, they dont have an online store though so you will need to call them.

Id also give http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/ a call. They dont seem to have much in stock on their site but they got me a pistol last week in 2 days.

Is that a fairly common practise for guns to be our of stock bit can be ordered in fairly quickly? I would have thought the lead time from the far east would be quiet a while? This is in part why im considering buying second hand

The G&G is what i keep looking at. Especially the raider L as it has the rails to mount a grip and light. Every website ive looked at so far has shown them out of stock so i figure theyre in high demand. Im guessing theyre made in smaller batches? Whats the average wait time for them be ordered in?

Bombup had a couple raiders in when I was in there Saturday. May not be on site but they were on the wall.

I did have a nose through this, was just hoping that id get some advice a little more specific to what im after.

I have considered an MP5 (MP5K looks great) but im concerned id be limiting myself to CQB stuff only. I figure with an M4 varient i could swap out the barrel for a longer/shorter one as required?

• Supporters

I did have a nose through this, was just hoping that id get some advice a little more specific to what im after.

I have considered an MP5 (MP5K looks great) but im concerned id be limiting myself to CQB stuff only. I figure with an M4 varient i could swap out the barrel for a longer/shorter one as required?

Don't make the mistake that you need a longer barrel to get more range. This is airsoft where the physics are different than real guns. Also, don't make the mistake that you have to have some heinous abortion of a gun with a 3" barrel to play CQB. If you can't get a full-length M4 around a corner you don't need a shorter gun, you need to learn how to do CQB better.

Rant over, G&G MP5's are good but for your budget I would suggest looking at second hand. Especially if you want something other than just another M4 or AK.

thanks for the info so far everyone.

can anyone tell me more about the brands of guns sold on Taiwangun.com? in particular these two?

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/r85a1-ebb-full-metal-army?from=listing&campaign-id=20

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/cm-005-rasii-cqb-full-metal-cm?from=listing&campaign-id=20

Considering that i'm budgeting around £150 they seem like very attractive options, especially because they are supplied with a battery and charger as well as being full metal according to the description.

I'm particularly attracted to the L85 as i know im comfortable the real version with it size wise.

Is it worth giving one of these a bash or would i be better off still going with the G&G CM?

• Supporters

thanks for the info so far everyone.

can anyone tell me more about the brands of guns sold on Taiwangun.com? in particular these two?

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/r85a1-ebb-full-metal-army?from=listing&campaign-id=20

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/cm-005-rasii-cqb-full-metal-cm?from=listing&campaign-id=20

Considering that i'm budgeting around £150 they seem like very attractive options, especially because they are supplied with a battery and charger as well as being full metal according to the description.

I'm particularly attracted to the L85 as i know im comfortable the real version with it size wise.

Is it worth giving one of these a bash or would i be better off still going with the G&G CM?

The second one is not good. If you want an M4 stick with the G&G.

• Supporters

Raider - probably Short is my gut feeling - you can go longer with big suppresor if ya still wish

Firehawk - if you really need a short M4

CM18 - if you can run to it

That is my take on good G&G M4 starters depending on budget & availability blah blah blah

most stuff people will suggest on here will be a worthy consideration

just avoid anything from JBBG - I made that big mistake and found this place afterwards

Alas is was too late and now see the error of my ways:

29627-Matrix-Neo-Oracle-meme-L2iD.jpeg

Get the firehawk, mine outranges my friends raider! Reliable, deffo stands up to knocks and more than enough rail space!

Ive just bought a CM16 raider from a forum member on here. Got the gun, battery and charger and some mags for a great price

Just awaiting the postie to deliver it to me now.

Happy days!

Just received it on the post today. Couldn't beleive the sturdiness and how weighty it is considering its plastic. Large ammount of metal parts too. The cammo painted receiver looks great too. Cant wait to paint the rest of the two toned parts to match it once im UKARA'd

Happy chappy indeed

The G&G range mentioned are solid, reliable and always have a big fan base. For a little bit more you should also look at the Specna range. All metal unlike the G&G, great range and rate of fire straight from the box and easy to work with internally. Prices are starting to creep up now they are becoming more established which is a shame as they were superb value for money.

Some photos not long after unboxing it. The previous owner threw in the rail covers as a freebie. The grip pod turned up in the post today from patrol base.

Surprised at how short and squat it can be when the stock is collapsed, really like the fact theres quiet a few position settings to suit all requirements/sizes. Looks like it will make for a very versatile weapon.

Future plans:

Mid or low cap mags

Paint stock and Rail system the same colours as the receiver when im UKARA'd

Fit a holographic or reflex sight because im blind as a bat and cant aim throught ironsights.

http://imgur.com/9kGKSgD

http://imgur.com/TR9RZH1

• Supporters

@Roundel91...you are 25yrs old therefore you don't need to wait for a UKARA licence before binning the 2-tone. UKARA (or a suitable Defence..ie being a registered member of an airsoft site) is only required to purchase a RIF.

Wrong very wrong.

Repainting it requires a defence as thats classes as manufacturing.

Not that anyone will actually care unless you start waving it around in public.

Archived