Beginner Loadout under £100

airbaseNG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

Been putting a video together of a loadout for under £100 for people getting into the sport, let me know what you think.

1. Bolle Tracker || Goggles - £8.95: http://amzn.to/2cEr7z5
2. Mesh Face Mask - £6.99: http://amzn.to/2cXzd3v
3. Tactical Gloves - £4.99: http://ebay.to/2carWjF
4. Tactical Vest - £20.63: http://ebay.to/2cwkY7o
5. Camo Clothing (Ubacs/Trousers/Shirt) - £56.99: http://ebay.to/2cXxzig

Havent watched, but I like the concept, however do you also state by searching surplus sites or bay of E you could potentially knock £30+ off of that?

Hey guys,

Been putting a video together of a loadout for under £100 for people getting into the sport, let me know what you think.

1. Bolle Tracker || Goggles - £8.95: http://amzn.to/2cEr7z5

2. Mesh Face Mask - £6.99: http://amzn.to/2cXzd3v

3. Tactical Gloves - £4.99: http://ebay.to/2carWjF

4. Tactical Vest - £20.63: http://ebay.to/2cwkY7o

5. Camo Clothing (Ubacs/Trousers/Shirt) - £56.99: http://ebay.to/2cXxzig

I think boots are more important than camo or a tac vest. Budget clothhing stores if you want something just to wear for airsoft.

I hope only a fool would follow your advice - 9% of starting budget on eye pro, 6% on face. 5% for gloves is good, but a tac vest or camo clothing at 75% ? Madness.

Speaking of myself here, my first eye pro was £65 with 40% off. Make your next video on the minimum personal safety requirements for airsoft with a comparison between spending £20-£50 with good footware versus spending £100-200.

For reference I had to spend £300 on boots due to disability, but that was just me. :( I was in a £400 hole before my first game and I couldn't even put sports supplies on my PIP! For shame UKGOVT.

@Albiscuit - No as I don't have any experience of that stuff. It's showing what we bought and our views on the gear first hand :)

@Sacarathe - 100% (and goggles) but it does say this is assuming you have boots already in the video, most people tend to have boots already and will upgrade over time (like the rest of this kit really)

Thats fair enough...

If I wanted to be really arsey, I could have pointed out you just need a £20 pair of eye pro, jeans and a hoody :P

Sacarathe is right though, I wouldnt drop less than a tenner on eye pro and £60 on clothes you can get from a surplus site for around 20 quid and Id rather decent boots than fresh camo.

I have said it before you ONLY need to start with eye pro and decent boots, everything else is used to solve a problem, cant run in jeans, combat trousers, need mag storage, belt or rig etc...

I agree with above. If I was to do it all again I would have gone for better eye pro to start with, not because I got hurt or anything but I think if you loose your eyesight and your life could easily become one of regret if you put £60 over permanent eye injury.

For anyone who asks me what they need for their first go.

I always say the same thing: In essence I agree with the above, just bring clothes in muted colours, eye pro & boots. the rest you can pick up for cheap as you go along.

For instance I play in good old fashioned DPM, because If I tear them they cost £10 a pair I'm not fussed about em. I wear basic para boots that was £35 a Ubacs that was £25 & the same gloves as the OP is showing. My basic loadout was dirt cheap but works that's all I care about.

The rest of my loadout was bought through a combination of necessity and setting a good example to my son about safety, but this is all a personal choice.

I think there is a silly macho attitude when it comes to safety (mainly in blokes). For instance I wear full face protection and a fast helmet and some guys will often ask in a sarcastic voice "Whats up, are you scared of getting shot?"

I point out that I prefer not to pay silly money on dentist bills which I used to do when I boxed for most of my young life. I can take a punch in the face all day long but don't want chunks blowing out of my teeth and missing work just because I wanted to look dead 'ard in front of a load of guys I hardly know.

I accept the fact that I'm going to get shot, its part of the game but do I really want to loose wages and struggle to pay my mortgage just because I took a few BB's to the face when I'm playing in the woods? No thanks, I have priorities & that is putting a roof over my families head.

I wouldnt turn up in non camo to an outside sitepersonally (indoor CQB a different kettle of fish). Its so cheap to be able to get something and if it makes you feel less stand out newbie so its worth doing.

You can buy a pair of DPM trousers for £8 quid on ebay, I dont see the point not getting a pair unless you are on a strict budget. Sure you can wear any old fleece or T shirt, but trousers Id certainly get cheap camo. They are likely to be cheaper than any thing else you can wear anyway.

I wouldnt turn up in non camo to an outside sitepersonally (indoor CQB a different kettle of fish). Its so cheap to be able to get something and if it makes you feel less stand out newbie so its worth doing.

You can buy a pair of DPM trousers for £8 quid on ebay, I dont see the point not getting a pair unless you are on a strict budget. Sure you can wear any old fleece or T shirt, but trousers Id certainly get cheap camo. They are likely to be cheaper than any thing else you can wear anyway.

Unless it already have some suitable trousers then the extra cost would be £0. I wear work wear trousers, already have slots for knee pads, very hard wearing and loads of pockets. They are black but I couldn't give a rats ass what colour they are, they are comfy and very suited to the task. People can think what they like about me being a noob due to my black trousers, I'll have my fun and they are probably the type of person I wouldn't get on with much anyway if they judge people on their clothes.

• Supporters

This is what I hate about airsoft.

Doesn't matter what you wear whether indoor or out all that matters is your attitude. Turn up be friendly and play fairly.

Not wearing camo doesn't make anyone look newbish the only people that think that are the nobhead new players or the elitist bigger nobheads.Nine times out of ten the best and most experienced players at any site just wear comfy suitable clothes and don't try to play dress up. Nothing wrong with camo but its choice not necessity.

Milsim is the only time clothes are part of the game.

Airsoft is not playing soldiers and if anybody thinks like that then they need to see someone as they are delusional.

If you go to an event and you are the only person dressed' differently' you are likely not going to feel comfortable irrelevant of how people might feel. Thats just life and for the sake of £8 I dont see why people wouldnt buy something suitable.

Dont get me wrong Im not saying everyone has to wear MTP camo, if someone has a pair of hiking trousers or the like then definitely wear those if you dont want to spend the money. However I dont see the point in turning up to a woodland game in tracksuit bottoms or jeans, that doesnt mean Im turning my nose up at anyone who does.

The two skirmishes IVe been have been at a site thats fairly laid back, certainly not milsim level and 99 % of the people are in camo. One game there were 110 people there and 25 people were first timers who rented guns and even then there were only a couple not in camo, or at least "combats". In fact many of the new players rented camo overalls at a higher cost than a pair of trousers would have cost anyway.

I dont agree milsim is the only time clothes are part of the game, many go to normal Airsoft because of the gear and the feel of the game, if everyone was running around Woodland/Outdoor games in jeans it wouldnt hold the same attraction to me thats for sure.

Airsoft isnt playing soliders? Hmmn, I think Airsoft is very much like that, and whats wrong with boys wanting to play war, its built in to us :)

• Supporters

If you go to an event and you are the only person dressed' differently' you are likely not going to feel comfortable irrelevant of how people might feel. Thats just life and for the sake of £8 I dont see why people wouldnt buy something suitable.

Dont get me wrong Im not saying everyone has to wear MTP camo, if someone has a pair of hiking trousers or the like then definitely wear those if you dont want to spend the money. However I dont see the point in turning up to a woodland game in tracksuit bottoms or jeans, that doesnt mean Im turning my nose up at anyone who does.

The two skirmishes IVe been have been at a site thats fairly laid back, certainly not milsim level and 99 % of the people are in camo. One game there were 110 people there and 25 people were first timers who rented guns and even then there were only a couple not in camo, or at least "combats". In fact many of the new players rented camo overalls at a higher cost than a pair of trousers would have cost anyway.

I dont agree milsim is the only time clothes are part of the game, many go to normal Airsoft because of the gear and the feel of the game, if everyone was running around Woodland/Outdoor games in jeans it wouldnt hold the same attraction to me thats for sure.

Airsoft isnt playing soliders? Hmmn, I think Airsoft is very much like that, and whats wrong with boys wanting to play war, its built in to us :)

I would feel comfortable in whatever I choose to wear as I am not shallow enough to give a toss about others opinions. But to be honest after being part of the airsoft community for quite a long time now I can guarantee that none of the more grounded normal people would care either.

One of the biggest obstacles to airsoft growing is peoples perception that its a bunch of Walts running round the woods thinking they are Rambo. Airsoft is not larp its tig with bb guns.

The only necessity in airsoft is willingness to play and have fun and if you choose to buy then face pro and a bb gun.

If you choose to wear camo fair enough but never say its a necessity or even important because its not.

As for playing soldiers thats the attitude that I hate the most because the two are totally different. War is horrible and airsoft is fun the two are not remotely the same and never will be and thats a good thing.

I think you should get out more and talk to real airsofters not just the fantasist crowd. But the main thing is you shouldn't give advice when you have only just wandered into it yourself.

"Play war" is the dumbest saying ever.

On one hand you are saying dont look down on others because of their dress then nicely flip straight over to telling me not to give advice because I'm pretty new to it myself. Nice.

Sorry but I'm allowed an opinion, and it stands whether you agree with it or not.

I never said it was a necessity or important, I said with the low cost I dont see why you wouldn't, and that I personally wouldnt go in non-camo. I also said I wouldn't turn my nose up at someone who didnt.

I'm on the wear what's comfy and works. There's plenty of experienced players about that turn up in normal kit. Plus I'd rather wait and buy a camo I liked than just go for DPM or mtp because it's cheap.

• Supporters

On one hand you are saying dont look down on others because of their dress then nicely flip straight over to telling me not to give advice because I'm pretty new to it myself. Nice.

Sorry but I'm allowed an opinion, and it stands whether you agree with it or not.

Im not looking down on you because of what you wear I am looking down on you because with no experience you are advising others what to do.

Simple fact is if someone turns up thousands of pounds of military gear then good on them but just as much so if they turn up dressed as snow white because its meant to be fun.

You commented that to not can make you look newbish but to be honest no one cares because airsoft should be

inclusive of everybody who turns up.

EDIT; If you have only played two games how did you manage to procure a MK2 Trident and an M&P9 especially as you used them in your second game?

Sorry to say this dude (I'm being friendly not patronising here) But lots of people with PMC loadouts wear jeans. one of the best players I often see turns up in Jeans & a white T-shirt with knee pads & a baseball cap. There is one dude I see often who rolls up in a pair of old grey Jeans & a fleece.

Like I said before, its up to the player: there are no rules to say you HAVE to fit in.

On my first game I wore MTP from head to foot, I stood out like a sore thumb and was a blatant noob because I was wearing & carrying way too much kit.

I just cannot say this enough "You don't HAVE to know anything about the military world or have any interest in war to have a laugh at an Airsoft skirmish".

I don't have any interest in the army life or really have much interest in guns but I still love showing up and having a laugh with a load of guys who consider growing up as a trap.

Im not looking down on you because of what you wear I am looking down on you because with no experience you are advising others what to do.

Simple fact is if someone turns up thousands of pounds of military gear then good on them but just as much so if they turn up dressed as snow white because its meant to be fun.

You commented that to not can make you look newbish but to be honest no one cares because airsoft should be

inclusive of everybody who turns up.

EDIT; If you have only played two games how did you manage to procure a MK2 Trident and an M&P9 especially as you used them in your second game?

Id say as a beginner who has been to a couple of games I have plenty of advice to offer already as Im in the same boat as other beginners. Im not sure how the subject matter would change after going to another 50 games. Clothing is clothing.

Ive never said people have to turn up in thousands of pounds of gear, all I said is I dont see why someone wouldnt buy a pair of trousers as they only cost £8. When I said camo I probably should have said combats or the like, when Ive been telling my mates what to wear Ive told them that their combats/cargo pant/ hiking trousers would do the job.

I managed to buy my guns as I was able to provide a valid defence that the store accepted, membership to two airsoft clubs.

• Supporters

Id say as a beginner who has been to a couple of games I have plenty of advice to offer already as Im in the same boat as other beginners. Im not sure how the subject matter would change after going to another 50 games. Clothing is clothing.

Ive never said people have to turn up in thousands of pounds of gear, all I said is I dont see why someone wouldnt buy a pair of trousers as they only cost £8. When I said camo I probably should have said combats or the like, when Ive been telling my mates what to wear Ive told them that their combats/cargo pant/ hiking trousers would do the job.

I managed to buy my guns as I was able to provide a valid defence that the store accepted, membership to two airsoft clubs.

But every airsoft site usually uses the usual 3 games in no less than 2 months for site membership. But you claim you have site membership to two places after only 1 game.

Name the places so we know who to blame when the whole site membership/ukara thing collapses because sites aren't following the guidelines. When the tougher rules come in we will all know who to boycott.

As for offering advice thats something best left to people who have made all the usual mistakes and gained plenty of experience on the subject matter.

I think I had been playing at least 18 months before I even considered offering any advice instead of just taking it.

• Supporters

I appreciate all the help and advice you have given me Jam_Man. It's nice to chat to someone who is a fellow beginner and understands what "newbies" are about.

Everybody understands what new players are about because we were all one once. What we don't need is the same wrong advice being put around. The idea of getting advice on a forum is to hear from those with experience who have made the mistakes and learnt from them not to be given advice by people who making the same mistakes as you are.

I don't offer advice on gas guns and hpa because I don't know enough so my advice has too much chance of being wrong. I leave that to people who know and won't give out bad advice and believe thats how everyone should be. There is a lot of experience on here in every area so advice should be left to those with that experience.

It's not anything personal against anyone in particular it's just there has been a lot of new players chucking out advice when they really shouldn't be on here lately.

Fair point imtriggerhappy but at the end of the day everyone has an opinion and I think a forum is a free place to voice your opinion. It's then up to the individuals who read the posts to decide if they agree or disagree.

I appreciate you have been playing for a long time and as such have more knowledge and experience but I also appreciate that Jam_man is a beginner like me and so his advice is valuable too.

Everyone's different and everyone has a different opinion but no single persons opinion is right or wrong.

Can't we all just get along......

• Supporters

But does that mean those people aren't welcome to play or that they should change there opinions?

Sometimes you have to agree to disagree.

No one's right and no one's wrong!! Everyone's a winner!

Everyone is welcome to PLAY and thats the point it's PLAY. No taking yourself serious and no comments like not wearing camo makes you look newbish. Soon as I hear bullsh*t like that my blood boils. I am always the first to help new players and hate the derogatory comments and elitism that occurs from some corners of the airsoft community.

Lost count of the amount of times I have heard some moron make snide comments like that in the safe zone. To hear it out of someone who has only just started is a first and makes me wonder if that's how all the elitist nobheads started out because I assumed it was a gradual thing.

Opinions and advice are two different things.

Wasted enough time on this crap and now can't be arsed so I am out.

Opinions and advice are two different things.

Are they???

Advice (also called exhortation) is a form of relating personal or institutional OPINIONS, belief systems, values, recommendations or guidance about certain situations relayed in some context to another person, group or party often offered as a guide to action and/or conduct. Put a little more simply, an advice message is a recommendation about what might be thought, said, or otherwise done to address a problem, make a decision, or manage a situation.

Archived