Impact BFG grenade

uniweekendwarrior
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I've finally decided to buy myself a grenade and settled on the idea of getting a BFG. I was looking at videos online and stumbled upon a multishot impact BFG that looked pretty cool but I carnt find them online to buy anywhere. Does anyone know where I could find one or any other recommendatios? I planning on using it for cqb.

Thanks

The alpha tec hex is what you're talking about;

http://www.alphaoneairsoft.com/shop

TRMR with a multi shot base is another option, though it's slightly less versatile with what blanks you can use.

Great, thanks. I've seen the trmr ones but they seem to be 85 pounds plus another 30 for the multishot Base, plus postage. The alpha tec hex looks nice though. I'll have to have a look for some reviews.

I for one do like the hex, 6 shots per grenade that sound like fun. It's also cool that they can custom engrave them if you order a pack of six, so you could fully customize it in hope that you won't lose it.

• Root Admin

The AlphaTech Hex had some serious issues on release that were all over Facebook. I'd look into that before you buy. The TRMR still seems to outsell it because of this.

Edit

Light striking or just complete failures to even drop the pin were the issue. Again, I believe these were fixed after a few months.

I for one do like the hex, 6 shots per grenade that sound like fun. It's also cool that they can custom engrave them if you order a pack of six, so you could fully customize it in hope that you won't lose it.

I think they custom engrave the individual ones to looking at the website

The AlphaTech Hex had some serious issues on release that were all over Facebook. I'd look into that before you buy. The TRMR still seems to outsell it because of this.

Edit

Light striking or just complete failures to even drop the pin were the issue. Again, I believe these were fixed after a few months.

Was this the mark 1 or 2?

I'd imagine it must've been the mark 1 as this was the initial release early in the year, but again I only know what I can remember and most of that was from skim reading.

The mark 2 apparently has a more sensitive firing pin. Can only find reviews for the mark 1 so far.

Ah right, I'm uncertain on what to do now. The TRMR is more expensive, only holds 3 rounds but seems to be more well known and reliable. The AlphaTech is cheaper, holds 6 rounds but not much feedback online.

I think they custom engrave the individual ones to looking at the website

"Full choice of colours, and custom text on each grenade and we also put your team logo on the stainless steel head! For free!! Team work deserves rewards.

Place order and send team artwork along with all custom names and colours and artwork as png pdf ai or jpeg in black and white only.."

It's a nice touch they add plus at that package of 6 you pay £75.00 for each. As prof mentioned, you'll need to look into it before you buy it. But I do have to say they present some improvements from the early model. Will look into this as it's tempting.

"Full choice of colours, and custom text on each grenade and we also put your team logo on the stainless steel head! For free!! Team work deserves rewards.

Place order and send team artwork along with all custom names and colours and artwork as png pdf ai or jpeg in black and white only.."

It's a nice touch they add plus at that package of 6 you pay £75.00 for each. As prof mentioned, you'll need to look into it before you buy it. But I do have to say they present some improvements from the early model. Will look into this as it's tempting.

If you select a single grenade it says

"Anodised satin orange. Our Innovative design constructed using high grade stainless steel and aircraft grade aluminum sets this grenade ahead of all the competition for price, quality and rapid deployment. Available in a range of anodised colours and custom laser engraved with your choice of text, the hex grenade is truly a game changer"

Go to checkout then you add a note to them entailing what you want engraved, but no logo. I guess the team logo is free when you order the set. It didn't look like you had to pay for engraving with the single grenades but it could be added later.

Team logos would look awesome though.

I have a mark 2 hex grenade in purple :)

And it has given me 0 problems the only time it's failed to fire has been the blanks themselves, when you opened the grenade and looked at the shell it had been struck but didn't go off.

IMO go for it, fantastic piece of kit and has got me plenty of kills

I have a mark 2 hex grenade in purple :)

And it has given me 0 problems the only time it's failed to fire has been the blanks themselves, when you opened the grenade and looked at the shell it had been struck but didn't go off.

IMO go for it, fantastic piece of kit and has got me plenty of kills

Thanks for the input :) always good to hear from someone who has one.

Having used almost all of them now, the standard TRMR is heads and shoulders above the rest, it works flawlessly every time. The multishot was good but not heavy enough, almost 100g down on the standard iirc, so had intermittent failures.

Actually i'm lying, I'm finding myslef returning to the trusty mk5, yes more money but the throw and forget and very rare failure rate makes them a lot easier to play with.

That's why I swapped to timed. Not had the Dyantex fail once yet. Impact is just too unreliable for me (though granted in woodland it's basically pointless).

The major downside to the timed grenades seems to be the reloading time. I am planning on using it indoors and I'm an aggressive player so the multishot would be ideal.

Having used almost all of them now, the standard TRMR is heads and shoulders above the rest, it works flawlessly every time. The multishot was good but not heavy enough, almost 100g down on the standard iirc, so had intermittent failures.

Actually i'm lying, I'm finding myslef returning to the trusty mk5, yes more money but the throw and forget and very rare failure rate makes them a lot easier to play with.

You tried the AlphaTech Hex mark 2?

I mean they're no more money than the reliable impact ones right now so.

But if they cost 60% less I'd happily carry three instead of my TRMR. :)

I don't know the psychology, but if you have one shot I feel you/I hold onto it for longer.

I don't know why there is not a wind up multishot timed BFG. That cannot be THAT complicated.

Archived