Accessories for Krytac

adazrambo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

Buy a massive 12x scope and call it a DMR, then buy a huge foregrip and put it as close as possible to the mag well that you'll probably be gripping onto for most of the game anyway when you get tired of having your arm out. Seems to be tradition.

Seriously though: Wouldn't buy anything until you go "wow, it's annoying that X is such a problem for me" - that's when you add something to combat that particular issue. Anything else is just unnecessary weight and expense.

Buy a massive 12x scope and then call it a DMR, then buy a huge foregrip and put it as close as possible to the magwell that you'll probably be gripping onto for most of the game anyway when you get tired of having your arm out. Seems to be tradition.

Seriously though: Wouldn't buy anything until you go "wow, it's annoying that X is such a problem for me" - that's when you add something to combat that particular issue. Anything else is just unnecessary weight and expense.

C'mon, M4 without a foregrip, that's like having a two-tone!

only fit accessories that improve your gameplay.... I generally fit an optical zoom scope coz my eyesight is getting worse but prefer just a simple RDS. I have no need for lights, PEQ boxes, lasers, foregrips etc so don't use them, I do however like to be able to rest against a barricade and be steady so have a couple of barrel stops at 90' to each other to allow me to lean into a shot when out of breath from running so I can stabilize the gun faster.

Optics are a whole new subject.

If you are new to Airsoft, consider optics very carefully.

These will be your sighting for nearly everything you do with the rifle and it doesnt matter how good the gun is or how much you upgrade its mechanicals, if you cant see what you want fast enough, its going to be a pants shooting experience.

Consider how you are going to use it. Think about things like ranges, light conditions, how fast you need to acquire targets.

I think I probally own most of the common optics out there and they all have weight and sighting pros and cons.

That's a fair point. Typically mid range forestry environment at my local site. Maybe an iron sight will do for now but may need a Foregrip. Can anyone send me any recommendations of what I would need?

G&P Foregrip, cheap, cheerful (and hollow).

• Root Admin

Or a PTS RVG. Even the real RVGs are only £18 second hand, but the PTS ones can be had for £12.

Remember the further away your hands are from one another the easier it is to make smaller adjustments to the direction your muzzle is facing and therefore you'll be typically more accurate. Also tires your arms faster though, hence the mag well grips that're seen a lot.

Hey Guys I have a Krytac Trident and looking to pimp it out a bit with a few accessories. Any thoughts on what I should get? Maybe a scope?

Did you buy the CRB ?

I got the CRB mk2 and had to use tape on the hi cap mag that it came with as it was so wobbly. Surprised as its a high spec rifle they could package it with a magazine that fitted so poorly.

Not intending to use it anyway as going with midcaps.

That's a fair point. Typically mid range forestry environment at my local site. Maybe an iron sight will do for now but may need a Foregrip. Can anyone send me any recommendations of what I would need?

You will need a panel on the bottom of the key mod hand grip like these

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/ares-octarms-tactical-keymod-4-5-inch-panel-x2-black.htm#.V-ZY5fArKHs

Then you can fit a grip to it.

Id play with iron sights for at least one game and get used to the rifle. I used to find that I needed a magnified optic more for seeing movement in woodland than actual accuracy. Therefore a x4 optic is a good investment. Something like an ACOG. Be prepared to spend a reasonable amount to get a decent optic otherwise theres no point.

Foregrip and cheap and nasty sight arrived today. Hold it in such high regard I havent even bothered with a protector...

Will get a decent scope soon.

The foregrip makes the rifle far more comfortable to hold, the keymod rails arent great to hold, although wearing gloves probably would solve that.

vhMtS1xn.jpg

Those cheap under £20 RDS are not bad really. I wouldn't call them nasty.

Cool. Actually seems ok to look at, the reticle is nice and clear. Will see how I get on with it tomorrow. Might buy a protector at the site, will need one in the future anyway.

From? My google fu (EU) is weak today.

Doubt you'd get the one I used as an example in the UK but this place has a selection:

http://battlestore.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=34_79

I tend to have to buy the really nice stuff from the USA as the UK sucks balls for Gucci kit. (I don't have one of those foregrips as it'd not fit on my PDW but they are nice and if I were running a longer AEG I'd be getting one)

Feedback from todays first use of my Krytac CRB and addons.

• Sight didnt get shot out, worked ok too. Did cover it for the CQB game though. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B019YYDJSC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • The angled foregrip I found really handy, made it far more comfortable to hold and didnt find myself 'mag holding' even when I got tired later on.
  • Viper single point sling (threaded through the vest), was a bit dubious about the strength of the clips but did its job and took the strain off of the carrying the rifle too..
  • 120rd Mid cap magazines from MAG fed perfectly, having to change magazines more meant I had to actually think about how I was shooting rather than Rambo full auto. Only thing with these is they are loose and wobbly in the rifle so I had used some electrical tape to make them firmer. So meant inserting them took a little tap and they dont free fall when released. Mid caps are much better than high caps. I used my 450 round mag as a last resort on the last game of the day which was quite long and it irritated me having to keep winding the thing after not having to all day with the MAG120rd magazines.

The biggest accessory I realise I need after using the above is a dump pouch for the magazines. Flapping about trying to put the empties somewhere with goggles on wasn't much of a laugh. If you are going to use midcaps then very useful.

Archived