Choice of 2 very nice rifles.....Which one.?.

coreyb10
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, after a short break and a recently renewed membership it comes down to buying a new rifle. I have narrowed the choice down to 1 =

ICS (Metal) CXP Transform UK1 Rear Wired and needing mags

or

G&P Sentry (Magpul Type,GP896B) with 1 mag but i already have 4x G&P Troy Battle mags which i didn't sell.

Buying either from Fire Support and waiting to see if they can downgrade the spring to reflect a FPS of 360 max at Skirmish Mansfield.

I have done no end of research and the choice is killing me......Both will be fed by 7.4 Lipo and .25 BB's, which I always use. Any advice or preferences. I had an ICS Hog and it was fantoodlytastic in the field. Don't want a G&G as don't like them.

Any views/experiences welcome. Ta.

The ICS split gearbox has a lot of advantages for the first gun because it allows quicker spring changes and so you can move a gun from 328-350 quite easily. It makes owning just one gun a bit easier, you wont be disadvantage playing in woodland if you also are playing CQB. Since I think most newer players should try everything to find out what ends of the sport they like something versatile is quite beneficial. ICS on the other hand doesn't necessarily make actually good guns and I can't say anything useful but this particular model and its qualities or issues. My CXP APE has a few issues but I have no idea if they are ICS or individual gun related.

The G&P will presumably like all G&Ps be nice externally and a bit rubbish internally.

Roger that and thanks for the input. In truth, I was swaying to the ICS side as the Hog I had prior to having a break was very very good. The G&P's are nice externally and being an ex server of 12 yrs, I do appreciate a good looking rifle. They both look sweet but as Samurai and yourself have said......Nice but shame about it not working when you want it to. Fire Support here I come. Will post some pics once purchased my new lovely.

Archived