WE Glock 18 conversion

EVL
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone.

I've just bought a new WE glock 18 with the intent of plinking in my garage. Its obviously gas and damn cool fun but i'm a little concerned over venting large amounts of propane in my garage. (Especially as a lot of my friends smoke when they are in there shooting with me)

The very helpful guy in the shop said i could convert it to HPA to make things a little safer.

Alas i know nothing of this kind of conversion so really hoping some of you experts can point me in the right direction :)

• Root Admin

HPA conversions for pistols are kinda meh. Far too much faff unless you get a hi-cap made by Reaper Airsoft Customs or something. Otherwise you need to be switching the line every mag change.

Like PT says: Just don't do it near lit flames or maybe switch to a duster gas if it'll still cycle. Otherwise you're going to spend £250 on an HPA rig, £50 on CQB Russian valves (or £100 on a custom hi-cap).

Thanks for the speedy response guys.

I think its the "cqb russian valves" that make me want to do it still! :D

What do i need?

Bottle, reg, lines and the Russian valves?

Excuse all my questions i've just got back into it after a near 20 year gap

• Supporters

Now there is a great idea and it'll give me an extra mag for skirmishing.

Problem solved thanks everyone :)

Just keep a few things in mind.

A: There is no silicon lubricant in C02. So you will need to keep your mags and gun lubed.

B: C02 tends to be a fair bit more powerful than GG/propane. As such, there is always the chance your internals will break.

• Supporters

"B: C02 IS a fair bit more powerful than GG/propane. As such your internals WILL WEAR A LOT FASTER"

There you go, corrected that for you.

I don't like dealing with absolutes :D. Plus, my Neuprol 4.0 gas is more powerful than C02.

Sorry for the delay in replying i have been in the garage churning through gas and BB's.

Lubrication is no problem as i take it apart so often. I'm a serious fettler.

As for research your absolutely right. Roll on the end of the month im sensing a co2 mag and copious amouts of co2 bulbs and BB's

I must admit im enjoying this little pistol its making my 1997 tm m4 look a bit inadequate.

Am i right in assuming gas rifles are even more gas thirsty?

Sorry for the delay in replying i have been in the garage churning through gas and BB's.

Lubrication is no problem as i take it apart so often. I'm a serious fettler.

As for research your absolutely right. Roll on the end of the month im sensing a co2 mag and copious amouts of co2 bulbs and BB's

I must admit im enjoying this little pistol its making my 1997 tm m4 look a bit inadequate.

Am i right in assuming gas rifles are even more gas thirsty?

If you're using both CO2 and gas magazines you will need to chronograph each CO2 magazine separately from the gas - from what I understand many sites ban CO2 pistols because power testing is not reliable.

Archived