M249 box mag to 'cloth' mag

Bottledtorment
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

After hating the overall look and feel of the A&K plastic box mag I am drawn to the soft pack mags. Would it be possible to fit the innards of the box mag into the soft pack mag? I am wanting to use the larger non CQC style mag.

Any help is happily taken.

Thanks

Joel

• Root Admin

I can't for the life of me find the post on FB now, but I believe it was a conversion to the drum-type fabric one. It was doable but apparently required a lot of custom parts and printing. You might be best trying to buy a fabric cover for your existing one and just have velcro sewn into it so it can be held on (but removed to get to the switches).

• Root Admin

Nope. He wants the cloth 200rd one, not the 100rd nutsack :(

Otherwise I'd recommend the MAG nutsack - better motor than the A&K or CA ones and available in the UK and EU too in a variety of colours/camo schemes.

I am wanting to use the larger non CQC style mag.

To be honest after playing with it this weekend I feel like the 100rd nutsack might be better suited to me. If I can't get it to work any other way.

Thanks

Archived