Advice on using my gun

Hidden
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello! I have a Co2 airsoft pistol and I have a problem. I only use it to plink targets si I can't use a full cartige in one day. The only way I can use it is to shoot it in the period of about 3 days, take out the empty Co2 cartige and leave it "rest" for about 10 days before shooting it again. Is this a method that will be bad for my gun ( considering that I will keep it under pressure non-stop for 3 days and then leave it "rest" for a week or more)? If in time this will destroy the valves and the gun itself just tell me and I will return it and get my money back.

Thanks!

Leaving it either charged or empty should be fine. I had a couple of CO2 pistols and they would hold the gas for a couple of weeks on a part used cartridge, but it would leak out slowly if left for much longer unused. If you do leave it without a cylinder in for a while then a tiny drop of silicon oil on the inlet seal helps to keep it from drying out. Also, add a smear of silicon to the top of the gas cartridge before insertion if you've left the pistol unused for a few months. Again, this helps the seal stay soft and gas tight.

Thank you again it was helpful but I have 2 questions: the inlet seal is the one that you see when pulling the slide back or the one in which the Co2 cartige comes in? When I pull back the slide it works normally but on the last 5% of the pull the spring becomes "harder" and it makes a "krrrr" sound. Is this normal?

I've left my Umarex CPS for months without firing it, with gas in the CO2 cartridge, then gone and picked it up and it's fired no problem first time. Never had an issue.

I had a Dan and Wesson 6 inch as a plinker but, in the end it would only fit one brand of co2 capsule as the o-ring at the top of the cartridge had been shaped by the last cartridge I used. I do not know the build quality of your gun but you could end up with the same issue.

Archived