Classified Sale Advice

Krazycoco
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently purchased a second hand RIF via this forum, the initial discussions went fine and despite the fact that the vendor wanted paid via bank transfer I felt confident enough to go ahead with the transaction.

I promptly received the gun as promised (poorly packaged) only to discover there were several faults/missing bolts. I have since read a post on here suggesting making an unboxing video which I think is a great idea, which I will definitely do in the future, but didn't on this occasion unfortunately.

I promptly contacted the seller to inform him of these faults that he had not listed offering to send him pictures including side by side photos with a gun I already own of the same variety.

He then pm'd me to say he did not believe me suggesting that I had swapped the bits on to the gun I already own in some attempt to con him and stated that he didn't want to "get agressive" about it, a threat which I do not take kindly to and then proceeded to block me stopping any further discussion.

I am not in the least bothered about returning the gun (not that expensive and I have enough tech ability to repair) but would have expected better.

This is a lesson learned for me but my question really is who should I speak to that can ask this guy to be a bit more thorough in his listings and discuss a couple of other issues with him that I do not want to post publicly about.

If the seller refuses to allow contact with you then you should report him to an admin and post a feedback post in the feedback forum so others can avoid dealing with him

Archived