Newbie in West Sussex

Hangtight
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Just a few lines to introduce myself. I'm completely new to Airsoft although I've owned and used air rifles for years. I bought a Well MB01 on a whim for 'plinking' in the garden, and because it looked cool! But having watched a few videos on Youtube of Airsoft snipers in action the idea of charging/ sneaking around the woods seems like a lot of fun. So if anyone has any experience of Airsoft sites in the area I'd be interested to hear about them, particularly the suitability for sniping, and any power restrictions they might impose.

Talking of power brings me to my real reason for joining a forum. I'm a fiddler. If something can be taken apart and improved, either with nothing but time, tools and some skill, or upgrades then you'll find me surrounded with disassembled parts. I like the learning process and it would appear that bolt action Airsoft rifles are ripe for improvement! I hope that some of my hard won knowledge from messing around with air rifles (including making and constructing my own modified parts) can be applied.

Cheers.

Get yourself over to DOGTAG Airsoft, nr Crawley/Horsham, is sniper heaven..... although it does have several fields more suited to CQB but bolties work well there. As far as upgrades go, there are a million guides for most of the popular BASRs so get your google fu tuned in and do some research (loads of info in the archives on here too, just use the search facility).

DOGTAGs fps limits (on 0.2g BBs which they provide at the chrono)

BASRs 500 with 30yd MED

DMRs 400 with 20yd MED

AEGs 350 with 20yd MED in auto

Thanks,

I'll check out Holmbush Farm next time I'm sorting out the station at Faygate.

I've already melted my brain doing research. At the moment I'm trying to decide which path to pursue with regards to barrels. Information overload!

Archived