Bad luck

ImTriggerHappy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Moderators

Hope all is ok!!!

Got 30 odd wearing mesh masks this Friday.....,

whether one uses mesh or not depends, among other things, on one's attitude to risk.

if the chances of something happening are very low, but the consequences if it does happen are likely to be severe, the risk averse will seek a very high level of protection, whereas the risk-tolerant will not.

I tend to be risk-averse, which is one reason I choose goggles over mesh.

• Supporters

whether one uses mesh or not depends, among other things, on one's attitude to risk.

if the chances of something happening are very low, but the consequences if it does happen are likely to be severe, the risk averse will seek a very high level of protection, whereas the risk-tolerant will not.

I tend to be risk-averse, which is one reason I choose goggles over mesh.

But the consequences are not that severe. What this does prove is at the very extreme of worst if a bb breaks up the worst it will do is penetrate the outer layer of the eye. Which in the grand scheme of airsoft injuries is an owie. It's nowhere near as bad as some people fear it could be and doesn't even make the top 3 in my own worst airsoft injuries.

I will be wearing the same mask this weekend without any reservations or doubts.

• Supporters

But the consequences are not that severe. What this does prove is at the very extreme of worst if a bb breaks up the worst it will do is penetrate the outer layer of the eye. Which in the grand scheme of airsoft injuries is an owie. It's nowhere near as bad as some people fear it could be and doesn't even make the top 3 in my own worst airsoft injuries.

I will be wearing the same mask this weekend without any reservations or doubts.

As lots of people have said before, mesh is safe. Though it may result in temporary discomfort. All depends what people are willing to put up with!

I rely 100% on my eyesight for a living and cannot do eye drops or trauma to my sclera without impacting my employment so I put up with (very) occasional fogging and do what I can to mitigate that.

Mesh is SAFE, mesh may not be comfortable, buy the best eyepro you can afford; if the best you can afford is a £5 set of mesh goggles from ebay then you should save for longer!

(that post wasn't directed at you trigger, more my half pissed ranting that has loose relevance to your post)

• Supporters

buy the best eyepro you can afford; if the best you can afford is a £5 set of mesh goggles from ebay then you should save for longer!

This is something I agree with 100%.

Something people do need to realise as well is not all mesh is the same. I use a bba fencing style full face mesh mask for convenience and comfort but would never trust the cheaper fencing style masks.

I do own other eyepro but prefer the extra face protection afforded by the mask as with my balaclava my whole head and neck are covered and I have never found anything that I feel works as well.

If you can get on with goggles coupled with other stuff then that is definitely the best option but if like me everything you use fogs up then buy decent mesh not ebay crap.

Mesh is SAFE, mesh may not be comfortable, buy the best eyepro you can afford; if the best you can afford is a £5 set of mesh goggles from ebay then you should save for longer!

A bit confused by this: my eyepro are perfectly comfortable, I've tried loads of different kinds of clear lenses & hated the slight distortion they create and the fogging issues ruined more than a few games for me. Heroshark did a cracking job of my mesh glasses & I wouldn't trade them for anything else.

I wear mesh eye pro & face mask, I once took an accidental point blank hit in the face from a shotgun I had both eyes open & I felt the full force of the hit. I got no splintered pieces in my eyes nor did any part of my face that was protected by mesh take any damage at all.

I'm 100% happy with mesh protecting my face & wouldn't hesitate recommending good quality mesh to anyone else.

A bit confused by this: my eyepro are perfectly comfortable,

Ah, well what it is is, people are different. :P For example, I have near permanent double vision while wearing glasses, consequently I could never get on with glasses + mesh. I will soon be trying contacts + mesh, hoping it works.

• Supporters

A bit confused by this: my eyepro are perfectly comfortable, I've tried loads of different kinds of clear lenses & hated the slight distortion they create and the fogging issues ruined more than a few games for me. Heroshark did a cracking job of my mesh glasses & I wouldn't trade them for anything else.

I wear mesh eye pro & face mask, I once took an accidental point blank hit in the face from a shotgun I had both eyes open & I felt the full force of the hit. I got no splintered pieces in my eyes nor did any part of my face that was protected by mesh take any damage at all.

I'm 100% happy with mesh protecting my face & wouldn't hesitate recommending good quality mesh to anyone else.

Getting smashed up bits of BB lodged in your eyeball is not comfortable.

Getting smashed up bits of BB lodged in your eyeball is not comfortable.

Woo I guess it wouldn't be, Sorry I must have misread your post a bit.

Ah, well what it is is, people are different. :P For example, I have near permanent double vision while wearing glasses, consequently I could never get on with glasses + mesh. I will soon be trying contacts + mesh, hoping it works.

I'm on the opposite end of the scale to you, I have perfect 20/20 vision so any slight distortion from clear lenses and I feel like I have vertigo which makes me all discombobulated & they also fog badly.

I tried goggles when I first started but just couldn't find ones that worked, until recently my bits bag was full of different types of goggles & clear glasses that I had tried but just didn't work for me. I switched to mesh and although I can see the mesh (If I look for it), it doesn't have that same distortion of view.

Like you say all people are different you just need to find the set up that works for you.

i had metal from work in my i left it a whole weekend till it stung

problem was the procedure to get it out was horrible

if the needle scraping the eye don't work

then its plan b the syringe that scraps a layer out of the eye to get the piece out.

i hope you get plan a

Archived