What does your partner think of you playing airsoft?

Beethoven
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Mine doesn't mind the playing. What she hates is following the sound of swearing into the kitchen to find me sat on the floor surrounded bb's and a gearbox in a thousand pieces. Oh, and how much stuff costs. She was looking over my shoulder as I was looking at a we scar H and told me if the guns I have cost as much as that she'd kill me. "No babe, mine was only £45.."

• Moderators

Mines fine if its 99% a Sunday and doesn't affect family time

I am how ever off to Urban Assault on the 29th with my bother... Which is a Saturday 🙂 And now another reason to spend time with him apparently .,

I'm really lucky compared to a few here!

Every skirmish I go to, My better half will be found sitting in a bush providing cover with her m4 (and now I've moved to hpa, she's fallen in love with my firehawk) only down side is I have to do two lots of prepping the night before as she's always too "busy" (read lazy) to load and charge everything!

As with a few others, the wife does not like guns or any form of weapon. Unlucky for her, I like all forms of weapons.

She also thinks its geeky and I have managed to get her to shoot a few rounds in the garden, but that's as far as she will go.

Being fairly new to it all, my collection is still quite small, but she already things I have way too much (Any more than 1 would be too much).

Luckily she doesn't quiz me on the cost of things....

I am sure she would flip if she knew my spend on airsoft and cars (Parts).......

My other half has agreed to have a go so having a little practice this weekend in her back garden! Hope she enjoys it and will come to a few skirmishes.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine seems to like the idea of me being more active, however she don't like the guns, hates all the BB (which no matter how hard I try, appear everywhere) and I just fail to tell her there is primers, blanks and phyros in the house... She thinks I'm a bit nutty and looks at me weird when I'm testing all my gear in the house to make sure I can access pockets and pouches efficiently. Something about "is it a fashion parade".

Mine seems to like the idea of me being more active, however she don't like the guns, hates all the BB (which no matter how hard I try, appear everywhere) and I just fail to tell her there is primers, blanks and phyros in the house... She thinks I'm a bit nutty and looks at me weird when I'm testing all my gear in the house to make sure I can access pockets and pouches efficiently. Something about "is it a fashion parade".

People not knowing explosives are in a property is a recipe for disaster. Sorry, but it's true.

My missus and I are on the same page with regards to a lot of things but we also hold different political opinions on a few issues which can make things a bit controversial. Back in Australia my missus was not a fan of me being an active sporting shooter, she wasn't a fan of guns in the house and despite me taking her to the range to shoot a few times (including overseas with stuff we can't get in Australia) she wasn't feeling it. My philosophy on relationships is I let the other party win all the trivial arguments but I win the one I want which is probably why our spare bedroom back home was painted pink.... Despite hating the color I just never went in there. The gun argument is an example of one I won, in six years there has rarely been an issue that I have made an issue of but guns was probably the number one most important one that meant the most to me. The only other one I can think of was a bit trivial but it was driving me up the wall so it became an issue and that was when she kept putting bananas against the bread, I'd go to work with awesome mayo loaded ham, cheese and tomato sandwiches that tasted like #%@ banana. She'd than argue with me that there was no way I could taste banana on the bread... I pretty much have lists of crap I have to do to keep her happy, going to the shower in itself is a chore. For example it consists of making sure the window is open both during and after the shower, the door is closed while the window is open so the cat can't houdini out the window, the bath mate is flung over the shower so it can adequately dry and the towels are rearranged the way she likes them so the least she could do was move the bloody bananas! Anyway the gun debate has started up again now we have moved to the UK. I have compromised and offered to get into airsoft instead if she supports my decision. She is happy that there is no lethal weapons in the house and will probably remain to be until the bills come in (which will be covertly dealt with) or I hit her up in a year or so to get back into shooting which is the plan anyway.

Archived