New player Billericay

Bigdog
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there I'm pretty new myself to the game but I'm also in Essex with my local being at Billericay. What is it you want to know I may be able to help.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :) First piece of advice is to read all the blue sticky links on the forum.

For example, the New Player Guides & Info - http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

Use the search function (minimum 4 character limit) to see if there is already a thead. Then ask questions. Plenty of members who can help you.

Thanks Jedi-master.... Knowledgeable you are.

Hi Desire Hd. I play on my own in Hockley and was just wondering the best way to start visiting other sites. I still have to wait a month till I get my defence and gun hire prices at sites is pretty expensive so I'm thinking it might be best to wait till I can buy rif so I can take my own? Also I was looking at masks and wondered if a dye i4 was a good choice of would I stand out?

I have loads of questions and am really keen to get involved but I will try not to pester anyone too much.

Thanks

Dye i4 I've heard produce great masks, however personal opinion I wouldn't recommend them, especially on hot days. I got myself a full face mask to start with and changed half way through the day buying a set of valKen eyepros and a half mesh mask. This was much more comfortable and I didn't fog up as much. This is however down to personal preference and opinion but this is what I found worked best. Hope that helps pal.

Thanks Jedi-master.... Knowledgeable you are.

Hi Desire Hd. I play on my own in Hockley and was just wondering the best way to start visiting other sites. I still have to wait a month till I get my defence and gun hire prices at sites is pretty expensive so I'm thinking it might be best to wait till I can buy rif so I can take my own? Also I was looking at masks and wondered if a dye i4 was a good choice of would I stand out?

I have loads of questions and am really keen to get involved but I will try not to pester anyone too much.

Thanks

How are you getting a defence before going?

Im also in your neck of the woods, go to the range in Hockley Arena and off to Billericay SKirmish again for 2nd time Sunday. When we have been 3 times will go to Plantation to check that one out as well which appeals to me a bit more.

Hey jam man.

I meant that you have to play 3 times in no less than 2 months and then your site can put you on the Ukara database so I can buy rif guns. At the moment I have only been a member of Hockley for a month so I have to wait another month to get put on the Ukara database. Then I will explore other sites with my new equipment. Make sense??

Is billericay skirmish a good site. Do you hire the guns there?

Yeah Im with Hockley too. Do you do the CQB skirmish there?

I heard a few dodgy reports about Skirmish Billericay but have to say we thought it was good. Yes you can hire your own guns there.

The Plantation site looks more like my kind of thing, but the Skirmish Billericay site rent the clothing and a bigger range of guns which my mates preferred.

Skirmish is OK, just not enough variety. If you love woodland only you will probs love it. CQB is OK but is over pretty quickly the rest of the game modes are all woodland play and nothing else.

Skirmish is local and cheap with a good selection of rentals and an onside shop I have my ukara now but I will still play at skirmish.

Welcome to the forum and prepare your wallet.

Nonsense, my wallets fine. Never been so light. :)

Yes I do CQB. I've actually just booked in for Friday night.

Where abouts is the plantation site?

Not sure, its not far from Skirmish though.

http://www.airsoftplantation.co.uk/

Should be arriving tomorrow, although I did ask them to wire it to deans and change the spring if needed as I want it near the 350 mark ( I guess it wont be necessary, but we'll see), so there is a bit of delay on that.

So I'm seeing there is different locations and different game types. Could anyone explain the different games types.

For example skirmish, cbq etc..

Are there different requirements and standards at each.

What are peoples favourites?

hi

billericay has a varied game play

domination, capture the flag, cqb and fall back

never played at the other site but watched youtube and it is more simulated

they have vehicles on their site.

:D

Thanks oddjob.

Billericay skirmish seems to be the site that everyone is aware of in billericay. Not sure why the other site isnt as well known.

I will definitely have to look into it as hoping to get to as many different sites as possible.

Archived