Fitting a new TBB, will i need a new hop bucking?

CaptainDumbass
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So im finally pulling all my guns and stuff out of the cabinet after taking a 2 year break, lubing/greasing/etc everything so its all in working order and ive come accross a 6.03 Madbull Black Python inner barrel, seeing as the gun is taken apart already i may aswell fit it. What i want to know is should i be looking at buying any new hop-up bits & pieces? Last thing i want to do is fit this barrel and the accuracy of the gun be worse than when i started!

If its any help my Scar-L (gun im fitting it in) lets out about 315 fps, i use it for CQB and woodland so i often need accuracy at range with .20 and .25 bb's.

Cheers!

I'd stop putting 0.2g BBs in it for a start mate!

If it has been sitting for a couple of years I'd def change the bucking and possibly the nub too as they may have deteriorated over time.

I wasnt fussed about how long is been away, i was just worried that, while my hop performs superb right now, if i put the TB barrel in, will it perform differently/ worse than when i had the shitty brass barrel in?

dont worry i have .25 & 0.3's of course :P

I wasnt fussed about how long is been away, i was just worried that, while my hop performs superb right now, if i put the TB barrel in, will it perform differently/ worse than when i had the sh*tty brass barrel in?

dont worry i have .25 & 0.3's of course :P

if it works fine then stick with it

• Root Admin

Bore matters less than the finish of the barrel and the ammo you use. Madbull barrels are a bit meh - aluminium is always a little naff for airsoft barrels as it's too soft. That said, like the others have stated: New ammo will do the most for you anyway. I wouldn't worry too much about your bucking if you're getting decent results with it.

Prometheus/Laylax/First Factory/Nineball purple buckings are good if you want a soft and straight-forward, but recently there have been concerns about QA as some are coming out poorly moulded. Hopefully by now they've replaced the dies as this was last year. Not heard much about it since. Look into flat or R-hopping though if you're serious about your hop.

Archived