New guy needs a new gun.

Jow28
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone.

I'm new to airsoft and I've just gotten my ukara. I usually play outdoor games with some indoor areas, but on the most outdoor.

As you can imagine I am excited to get a new gun and I was hoping for suggestions, I was thinking an AEG for simplicity reasons. I was looking for an m4 or a 416 variant. With a budget of £250-400 with battery and charger.

Currently the GT advanced t4-18 is the best option. But I could be completely wrong as I know little.

So any suggestions on what to purchase would be greatly appreciated, and advice on battaries etc. Would also be idea.

Thanks.

Hi Bud.

I agree with PT247. With your budget, I'd go for Krytac every-time. The 1st batch of MK2 Krytac's will be in The UK. early next week. They are due to clear Customs on Monday and with retailers by late Monday or early Tuesday.That said Customs, is always an unknown and could potentially slow things up.

The Krytacs are based on The AR/M4/M16 platform. that you are after.They work perfectly out of the box and require no upgrades (there are always things that you can do, but it would a case of 'want' rather than' need') .

They come stock, with a high torque motor , a fantastically light, modern keymod rail, made of weapons grade aluminium. The guns were originally intended as .22 rim-fires that would fire live ammunition, thus the quality of the materials and the high quality build. The stock provides an excellent battery solution. The hop up unit is unique, with a numbered dial.This means that you don't have to spend ages resetting the hop, every time you change the weight of BB's your using.

e.g you might use 0.2g BB's when playing indoors and .28'S out doors when you need the range. once you've dialled both of these in, keeping a note at what number on the hop unit the perform best at for a given weight, you'll not need to repeat the task, ever.

The MK2's also come with a new fancy looking trigger and more angled receiver. They also have a different pistol grip to The MK1's., which most people prefer. They did intend to use the forward release button to relieve tension on the spring, when the gun was in storage. This idea was scrapped, for whatever reason. However, in my experience, AEG's do not drop FPS in storage by a noticeable level and this feature was possibly a bit of a gimmick .They come pre-fitted with a high quality mosfet in the gearbox. They also have an easy spring change system should you want to change the velocity of your Krytac. The only slightly disappointing feature is the metal high cap magazine, which has a little wobble in the magwell. That said, high cap, mid cap. there is no right answer, its a question of personal taste. The Krytac AEG'S love Magpul PTS P-Mags or similar mid caps and have virtually no wobble ion the mag well at all. Nothing wrong with The G&G option, but if you want something special go for the Krytac. Pro airsoft Supplies in London will be the 1st retailer to get The impending Krytac GEN 2 delivery. They always meet the distrubutor on the day they clear customs to ensure their pre-orders are the 1st to receive their long awaited AEG's. Hope this helps.

Either way I ordered my krytac last week from pro airsoft supplies before he had posted that so thanks guys for a brilliant suggestion.

Now for more new guy stuff, what battery do I run in this.

Also is it likely to hit over 350fps?

Krytac recommend you use a 7.4v LiPo, I run 11.1v 1450mAh 30C NUPROL 3 stick nunchuck in mine though. It all fits in the buffertube but you can put the sticks in the stock sidepods too

Pt247, I'm assuming you own a krytac or 2.

From what I've read in the US they are at 360+ fps which is not ideal as my site is 350 limit so will the supplier downgrade them for the uk market or will I have to change the spring myself?

• Supporters

Pt247, I'm assuming you own a krytac or 2.

From what I've read in the US they are at 360+ fps which is not ideal as my site is 350 limit so will the supplier downgrade them for the uk market or will I have to change the spring myself?

They are down graded for the UK market. The ones I had and the all the others I have had my hands on were all about 320fps stock.

• Supporters

Are you affiliated in any way with Pro Airsoft Supplies? You seem to be plugging them in almost every post you make!

He's the CEO. So yes.

Either way I ordered my krytac last week from pro airsoft supplies before he had posted that so thanks guys for a brilliant suggestion.

Now for more new guy stuff, what battery do I run in this.

Also is it likely to hit over 350fps?

I run my Krytac LVOA on 7.4 Lipos. More than ample trigger response and rate of fire.

CBH

• 2 weeks later...

Archived