First game - would it ruffle your feathers?

AnotherOopsie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there,

Just a post in relation to playing your first game. Me and a few friends have booked in for a hire night game in around 3 and a half weeks.

Having previously been a paintball player, I do have camouflage clothing. Mainly black multicam style and MTP.

However, I was just wondering if it'd ruffle your feathers if a brand new player to the sport turned up in camouflage clothing?

I'd just hate to turn up and give off the impression to a site we'd probably regular as its local, just for the regular players to think it's trying to hard or being too serious for your first game?

Thanks.

• Supporters

Dude. You could show up in anything your skimpies (as long as the site owner doesn't mind, that is) to full on real SAS gear and no one would care more than complimenting you on your look. Seriously, it'll be absolutely fine.

No issue with it whatsoever. Screw what anyone else thinks to be honest. The viability and usefulness of camouflage at most airsoft sites are negligible anyway. Wear what you want and enjoy it. If you rocked up in full issue MTP gear, kitted from head-to-toe in MOLLE pouches you'd probably get a few odd looks at most.

• Supporters

Only time I have ever known a first timer give the wrong impression was when they turned up with the best of everything including guns (systema) even though they had never played a single game.

It was like they were more interested in looking good and fulfilling their own ego trip than actually playing the game. It was a case of look at me and what I have got, which is not really what airsoft is about. The word geardo was chucked around a lot.

Wear what ever you want no one will care its the attitude you approach it with and how you play that matters.

We went to our first skirmish couple of weeks ago, I and a few of our party were in camo and a few rented the camo there. Either way we were all in camo and at least half of us our camo fitted :)

Out of 100+ players I only recall 3 people not in camo.

Cant see why anyone would look down on anyone new for wearing it to be honest.

Thanks for all the fast replies gents!

Well as far as we know, we're serious about getting into it, from the people I've met on a rare occasion who do get involved within the airsoft community, and looking around different forums, everyone does seem alright, and I figure that is also a major factor in getting involved in something.

So after discussing with friends, it's something we'll gear up for over time. It's not going to be a case of going out the day we have UKARA and buying all sorts of equipment.

It'll most likely be a case of week by week just getting something else. With a couple of surplus shops that do sell everything from boots, to rigs, boots and all the goodies of high quality you can imagin.. However, as I like seeing things in person, I dare say it'll be like a second home to me if its even close to as good as I think it's going to be.

Yeah I understand, I just mean when it comes down that road, it's a thought process after hearing suggestions, what I like etc. Seems all to easy to get a low end, knock off AEG and have it fail not long after.

Yes, I'll actually be heading out this weekend to get eye protection, a lower face mask and neck protection.

But what seems to be the better choice, mesh eye protection or glasses? I wear safety glasses/goggles for my working day so I'm comfortable with something being in front of my eyes for long periods of times.

Put it this way, my UKARA eligibility is still a couple of weeks off so I dont own a gun.

Ive been going to the local range for about 6 weeks and went to one skirmish 2 weeks back.

Even so I have one full set of MTP (including 2 UBACS shirts) and one set of DPM, all of that came to under £30. Ive also get a pair of Altberg Defender army boots which only cost £25 on ebay.

I also have a Warrior Chest rig and my last purchase was a helmet , which I mainly got as I want to get a camera. Together they did cost £100 so a bit pricey and the latter I could do without to be honest.

Over the top for somone who has only just started ? Probably. But I dont see the point in renting all the gear when Im pretty sure Ill be using it plenty. Plus I'm glad I did, the rental camo my mates wore was awful, Ive never seen a garment that can fit so badly, too baggy and too tight all in one go :)

We are going again next weekend and I begrudge paying the rental fee for the gun when I actually already have one purchased and sitting at the shop waiting for my UKARA.

All Id say is use ebay, you can get the camo fairly cheap, and anything you do buy you can resell if and when you stop playing or want to upgrade.

My first game I wore MTP trousers, Ubacs & Para boots. I got them because they were cheap, no other reason.

I still wear cheap surplus kit (Mainly DPM now). But I have spoken to guys who's trousers & gloves cost more than my full load out combined.

Just wear what you want & be nice that's all you need man

Even if you are unlucky enough to find the one site Louis Spence, they'll be a ratio of like 40+:1 people who don't really care what you're wearing. As above, just play fair and be nice - your deeds will tell anybody who matters all they need to know about you.

Even if you are unlucky enough to find the one site Louis Spence, they'll be a ratio of like 40+:1 people who don't really care what you're wearing. As above, just play fair and be nice - your deeds will tell anybody who matters all they need to know about you.

Thanks skarra! Yeah there always is one!

Thanks Jam, yeah I've read a couple of your posts and have been following them!

• Supporters

Thanks skarra! Yeah there always is one!

Thanks Jam, yeah I've read a couple of your posts and have been following them!

If you wear obviously "paintball" gear (like the padded trousers and stuff) some people might take the piss. If they do, comfort yourself with the knowledge that there's only one way they know it's paintball gear....

If you wear obviously "paintball" gear (like the padded trousers and stuff) some people might take the piss. If they do, comfort yourself with the knowledge that there's only one way they know it's paintball gear....

Never been a fan of the padding! Have several multicam (MTP?) trousers and a black, possibly multicam style shirts & UBACS.

I wonder what would happen if someone turned up in a Waffen SS uniform

I hasten to add I have no intention of doing so myself!

Someone did it caused a sh*t storm

Interestingly, I saw a TV documentary recently on a Waffen SS division in France after the allied landings. The documentary was in colour and the men were wearing green camouflage uniforms and also camouflage covers on their helmets, which looked very similar to modern camo clothing,

Archived