CM.701b Upgrade recommendations

silver145
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

HI all,

Purchased a CM.701b as a base to upgrade the hell out of.

So far looking at

AA hop up chamber

PDI New Trigger2+Piston-end / VSR-10
PDI Precision Palsonite Cylinder Set VC
PDI VSR 450 spring
(need barrel+spacer recommendations)

What else am i missing/What would you change.

Also is there any problems with the items i have chosen. I believe the spring is the 13mm fat diameter one as the cylinder set says that is what is compatible. Also if you believe that i should change any of the above for cheaper alternatives that provide the same performance please say so

Last question - do i order the regular or the Bore-UP items? (No idea what Bup is btw)

Have fun with spending hundreds on new hop units/rubbers/nubs/etc until you find the right ones! welcome to sniping > :)

Tell me about it, going bald from playing with the AEG on this side of things! still playing haha.

Also what size would you recommend? 6.01 etc (any compatibility problems with the parts i have listed?)

• Supporters

Have a look on airsoft pro (or aspuk, it's the same stuff) for a 90 degree trigger, cylinder, piston etc

Pdi barrels and springs are good, I use a pdi 6.05 barrel in my vsr

AA hop units are very good

Have a look on airsoft pro (or aspuk, it's the same stuff) for a 90 degree trigger, cylinder, piston etc

Pdi barrels and springs are good, I use a pdi 6.05 barrel in my vsr

AA hop units are very good

I have looked at the ASPUK kit and it basically is about the same price once converted (JPY to GBP) - for some reason in the UK they put a large premium on the parts! E.G Taiwan gun cm.701b = £75, patrol base = £130

Because of the price i'd rather go for "the" brand as if i ever do strip/sell it wont be as much of a loss haha although i will break it before then!

Any tips on nub/hopup you use? CHeers

Archived