Operator-Up Professional Tactical Training North West

Operator-Up
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself, im CJ and i'm part of a new team called Operator Up that will be introducing a regularly held military skills training package for all levels of airsoft players ages 16+ in the North West. Our main training location is just outside of Blackpool and comprises of a large training area with a Fighting In Woods And Forest (FIWAF) attack lane, urban Kill House, IED Lane and conventional platoon attack loop.

Comprising of former Recce/Sniper operators within the British Army from units that are without question the most operationally experienced and successful during the GWOT we aim to transfer our knowledge onto those that are willing to learn in order for you to put it into practice during your games.

What I would like to know firstly is who would be interested in training along side us?

Core lessons will include things you may already know, but perhaps don't employ correctly such as:

Fire & Movement from the basic to the complex SOPs

Marksmanship (from pistol to sniper can be accommodated for)

FIWAF

Urban operations (cordon, approach & house clearance)

CQB skills

Patrolling

Close Target Reconnaisance

This is not a comprehensive list and would be subject to change dependent on the level of experience of participants or speed in which skills are learnt.

Training Sessions would commence on weekends and the time is depended on the complexity of the days lesson. We're flexible so we are accomodating to those that may not always be able to commit to more than 2 hours of training ie you can slip away and your fee would reflect that.

We would ask of you only 4 things:

-You bring your own weapon systems, ammunition and rig.

-Listen to what we teach you and employ it with utmost aggression and maximum effort.

-Have a reasonable standard of fitness.

-Have fun.

Any questions please feel free to fire them off below or send us an email.

CJ.

[email protected]

If you have Facebook, its worth floating the same question on the Milsim UK News and Events group.

Be aware that there is already an organisation doing something similar in the North East around Otterburn.

• Supporters

^ that's fine mate well maybe come along and show us your skills and drills and we'll see if you rate.

Baz, cheers for the heads up.

Skills? Does the occasional moment of blind luck count?

Drills? I have 2 Hiltis and a Dewalt I could show you but don't really see what thats got to do with airsoft.

Rate? I dont rate I play airsoft. Don't claim to be good because I am not and don't worry about it either.

Sorry can't stand all the accountant by day SAS jackanory Sunday soldier crap that some odd people subscribe to in airsoft.

I am sure your business will be popular with the milsim crowd though as they love all that stuff and it could be of some benefit to what they play, but thats not really airsoft.

Best of luck with your business endeavours but you should rethink the name.

Anybody who even uses the word operator at an airsoft skirmish should be made to run around waving a Walter Mitty placard while everyone else empties a high cap at them.

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself, im CJ and i'm part of a new team called Operator Up that will be introducing a regularly held military skills training package for all levels of airsoft players ages 16+ in the North West. Our main training location is just outside of Blackpool and comprises of a large training area with a Fighting In Woods And Forest (FIWAF) attack lane, urban Kill House, IED Lane and conventional platoon attack loop.

Comprising of former Recce/Sniper operators within the British Army from units that are without question the most operationally experienced and successful during the GWOT we aim to transfer our knowledge onto those that are willing to learn in order for you to put it into practice during your games.

What I would like to know firstly is who would be interested in training along side us?

Core lessons will include things you may already know, but perhaps don't employ correctly such as:

Fire & Movement from the basic to the complex SOPs

Marksmanship (from pistol to sniper can be accommodated for)

FIWAF

Urban operations (cordon, approach & house clearance)

CQB skills

Patrolling

Close Target Reconnaisance

This is not a comprehensive list and would be subject to change dependent on the level of experience of participants or speed in which skills are learnt.

Training Sessions would commence on weekends and the time is depended on the complexity of the days lesson. We're flexible so we are accomodating to those that may not always be able to commit to more than 2 hours of training ie you can slip away and your fee would reflect that.

We would ask of you only 4 things:

-You bring your own weapon systems, ammunition and rig.

-Listen to what we teach you and employ it with utmost aggression and maximum effort.

-Have a reasonable standard of fitness.

-Have fun.

Any questions please feel free to fire them off below or send us an email.

CJ.

[email protected]

Can you teach people to call hits?

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I just got into airsoft and didn't really use any of my training - I worked CP in the middle east and south africa for a couple of years. The biggest thing about airsoft for me is just having fun, being able to run around like toy soldiers without the risk of getting your leg blown off by an IED and going crazy with PTSD for the next two decades.

I think there's probably a point where running military-style training for airsoft players becomes just a little bit too serious. I think you may have some luck with serious mil sim airsofters, but seriously, if you have those skills to offer, then why not do it properly where you can make an actual difference? Like a sere training course for aid workers heading off to Syria? Or for documentary crews heading into conflict zones?

To be honest, I just got into airsoft and didn't really use any of my training - I worked CP in the middle east and south africa for a couple of years. The biggest thing about airsoft for me is just having fun, being able to run around like toy soldiers without the risk of getting your leg blown off by an IED and going crazy with PTSD for the next two decades.

I think there's probably a point where running military-style training for airsoft players becomes just a little bit too serious. I think you may have some luck with serious mil sim airsofters, but seriously, if you have those skills to offer, then why not do it properly where you can make an actual difference? Like a sere training course for aid workers heading off to Syria? Or for documentary crews heading into conflict zones?

This is spot on. I thought my military training and experience would give me some kind of advantage in airsoft, but it hasn't much. The short engagement range and lack of actual risk (injury or death), make it the fun, fast game that it is meant to be. These SF 'operator' types are usually the same fantasy clowns that buy themselves medals off ebay and parade in SAS kit at remembrance parades.

I too thought my 12yrs mil experience would hold me in good stead when I started airsoft...then I got shot several times by marauding teenagers..lol :D

its just a good laugh.

Nobody who plays airsoft needs to know how to be an "Operator"....those skills simply don't apply.

Why don't you run a HAZOPS course for contractors etc instead if you really are that good and not a wanabee Walt.

I've met a few ex military lads who come out and are looking to see how they can apply their skills in the civilian world. Airsoft frequently comes up. Irrespective of whether the skills are relevant in your average skirmish, many end up disillusioned with the amount of possible earnings and many get frustrated with the lack of discipline. There are some who teach the hardcore milsimmers who spend thousands on gucci kit and travelling up and down the country. Airsoft skirmishing has little to do with the military. Milsims span a wide variation of things and have little to do with Airsoft skirmishing.

Archived