Newb in Norwich

TomD
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm a complete novice to Airsoft but not to shooting/paintball, but looking to get involved. Moved here recently so I'd be on my own, I've noticed a few sites around here any recommendations for a nice site for a loner.......

Welcome to the forums! You're in luck, there are a few sites, there's;

Combat Action games

Gunman Airsoft

Danger Close

Combat Airsoft games

Swaffham Airsoft club

Take your pick! :)

I think I've just got too bite the bullet/BB and book in. Going to give Combat Action Games a go soon.

Gunman have just started organising games at the Top Dog Paintball site.

Havent been there myself but they gave up their former site near Horsham St Faith.

They also have their own ex RAF airfield site at Tuddenham near Mildenhall, which is not too far from Norwich.

Hi there, welcome aboard.

Look no further than Combat Action Games.

Next game is this Sunday 11th, then every 2 weeks. The site is already fantastic but this week had a major overhaul with loads of improvements.

Don't be a loner.. it's a REALLY friendly site with lots of experienced players and newcomers alike.

Might see you there

Thanks Jason, always good to hear! Wont make it this weekend but will aim to by the end of the month. I dont suppose you know of any local airsoft shops, I like a good browse!!

I keep passing signs for a shop called Pellpax in Aylsham.

Looking at their website, they appear to be a shooting shop, but have quite a few airsoft guns listed and Presumerably in stock.

Hi Tom,

I went to Gunman Tuddenham - I had a really good session (Film-sim day), I thought the site was good, and run well, so it would be a good place to start IMO..

I keep passing signs for a shop called Pellpax in Aylsham.

Looking at their website, they appear to be a shooting shop, but have quite a few airsoft guns listed and Presumerably in stock.

Ill have to have a look!

We ran two Okto Eight Milsims (Filmsim full on weekend milsims) at Tuddenham this year.

Its a great site and my local now. Unlike a great deal of woodland sites, it does have about a dozen or more buildings and even in poor weather, you can still have a great day.

Hi Tom,

I went to Gunman Tuddenham - I had a really good session (Film-sim day), I thought the site was good, and run well, so it would be a good place to start IMO..

As for shops in Norwich Tom, look no further than Combat Action Games Store in the Dixon Shopping Centre, Reepham Rd, Norwich NR6 5PA. It's a proper full on airsoft shop, they have loads of stock.

Tell 'em me and Debbie sent you ;)

Lol, it is a bit antiquated but seems like you've just hit it big then, airsoft shop on your doorstep ;) They're right through the back at the end.

Welcome!

Plenty of sites around, confusingly two of them are called "Combat".

Combat Action Games is well renowned with games every other week and Combat Airsoft has games every Sunday (can't speak for the former but the latter is very noob friendly with great staff, where me and the other "Penguins" started). Let me know if you're heading to one of the games in a PM and we'll be happy to show you our kit, we also post reviews of budget gear on YouTube if you want to subscribe (link in signature).

Welcome!

Plenty of sites around, confusingly two of them are called "Combat".

Combat Action Games is well renowned with games every other week and Combat Airsoft has games every Sunday (can't speak for the former but the latter is very noob friendly with great staff, where me and the other "Penguins" started). Let me know if you're heading to one of the games in a PM and we'll be happy to show you our kit, we also post reviews of budget gear on YouTube if you want to subscribe (link in signature).

Appreciate that, thanks man.

You may well bump into myself there then bud.

Broke my 'cag' cherry last weekend after switching over from 'combat airsoft'. It's a great site with a lot of decent folks.

Hi!

I'm also a newbie in Norwich looking to go to my first airsoft game but don't drive and trying to organise some of my friends is like herding cats.

Which sites would be easiest to get to or have the friendliest car shares ;)

Hi!

I'm also a newbie in Norwich looking to go to my first airsoft game but don't drive and trying to organise some of my friends is like herding cats.

Which sites would be easiest to get to or have the friendliest car shares ;)

Where abouts in the fine city are you?

As sites go. I can recommend combat action games (cag).

You will find the guys and girls there to be friendly and helpfull. If somewhat bonkers in some cases. A good mix of games varying from 30 minute shakedown games to get you used to the gear and field, through to big 2 hour plus games with multiple objectives.

The site itself has a variety of dense woodland and cqb environments.

It's well worth joining the Facebook page for them and asking there. Plenty of the folks are willing to try and help if they can.

I can only get there via lifts off of players :)

facebook is certainly your friend in terms of finding sites and game days that'll be on , as for sites myself and few other guys frequent combat action games which is fantastic along with their shop !

Other from that you've got Battlegrounds out in Necton & Battlestations at Snetterton which are more CQB style sites, never know I might bump into you whilst playing as I'm often playing at one of these ! Most likely I'll be at CAG on the 2nd too !

Good luck and have fun !

Archived