Ess v12 advancer goggles

Elts7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all

Got myself a new pair of v12s but theyre a badtard for steaming up. Is it worth taking the littlwbit of foam out around the goggles? Also how do you unclip the lenses? Tried last night so i could clean them and rub a little washing up liquid into them but i could free them.

Seen somewhere that wash up liquid was a good remedy for stopping the steaming but yet to try

If no joy what other goggles are work looking into?

Thanks

• Root Admin

Yep, take it out - it's there to keep dust out as they were designed for use in places that were going to get pretty dusty (i.e the middle east). I've never missed the foam in mine. It's glued in there so you may need a craft knife or something to just clean up the edges where the foam is stuck on, but it's a 10-15 minute job at most.

Where the two plastic parts move that connect the straps to the side of each lens, pull them away from the goggles slightly (they move about 45 degrees) then you can pull the whole lens forward and out. You don't strictly have to move those side buts, but I find they get in the way:

Google was your friend here. Plenty of information on how to do it out there already.

Buy proper anti-fog. Plenty on the forums already about this, but I've found Catcrap to work quite well. FogTech DX too. Others have had good experiences with many different products though.

Washing up liquid, toothpaste and spit are recommended for diving goggles and whilst I've had success with that I imagine the variables are pretty different. You certainly don't get as much facial sweat when underwater as it's pretty cold. Intermittent jogging is where anti-fog shines. Really intensive running is generally going to fog up any closed eyepro - anti-fog or not. Again though, depends on how how your face gets (and this varies from person to person).

I'd have thought most toothpastes were abrasive and would scratch the lens!

But I'm in total agreement about Cat Crap. I have removed the foam from mine and use Cat Crap on them. They steam up occaisionally when I stand still, but once I'm moving the airflow clears them completely.

• Moderators

Used mine today on a very warm day, foam removed , bit if fogtech before game and no problem,there was a very slight breeze now and again and obviously moving helps. Didn't use my fan goggles at all 🙂

Archived