UKARA and PatrolBase.co.uk

Ajax
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

I would like to warn you and tell my misadventure with UKARA and PatrolBase.co.UK

I was planning to buy next RIF with them. I got already sorted my site membership. I contacted them asking for the process of obtaining UKARA registration with their help.

I was informed that I have to sent my ORIGINAL UKARA form signed by my site staff to them via post.

OK - Thursday I have sent the post (signed -next day delivery) I got confirmation from post that they received it on Friday morning. Now waiting. Until today I got nothing from them. I have checked all my emails including spam folders -nothing. OK let's pick up the phone.

Nice gentleman has informed me after short conversation that my ORIGINAL form has been.... DESTROYED!!!! Because it looked like photo copy!!!!!

My site copied blank forms rather than print them each individually, but we used ballpens and inked stamp!!!! Still because blank form was photocopied .... He had assumed that my membership was copied as well. Wet finger test on site stamp would help here but not.

This way end result is:

-no new toy for next game;

-no site membership form;

-no UKARA number;

-£6.50 postage to the bin;

-me- back to square one;

-PatrolBase + one unhappy customer.

Word of advice: don't make my mistake and try to register with UKARA using brick and mortar retailer. And for God sake don't use PatrolBase to help you with the process!!!!!!

• Root Admin

[x] Lack of communication

[x] Significant discretion taken with customer's possessions

[x] Potential loss of amenity for a customer

That's beyond stupid if what you say is true. I know we have at least one guy that works for Patrol Base knocking about on here, so maybe he can comment.

Best thing to do is explain all this to your site (get Patrol Base to speak to them as well) and draw up a new form. Can't see the site not being ok with this and it'd be the least Patrol Base could do - did they not offer to do this once you'd explained? How did the conversation end?

I will be playing at my site this weekend and will try to catch up with site manager on this issue.

For some reason the UKARA online form does not yet seems to have all airsoft sites on their drop down list? I will check this with my site guys as well.

I will be playing at my site this weekend and will try to catch up with site manager on this issue.

For some reason the UKARA online form does not yet seems to have all airsoft sites on their drop down list? I will check this with my site guys as well.

Only those sites eligible to stamp a ukara form are listed, however that does not prevent a site which is not listed from making an affiliation with either a site which is, or a retailer which is.

Only those sites eligible to stamp a ukara form are listed, however that does not prevent a site which is not listed from making an affiliation with either a site which is, or a retailer which is.

The funny thing is that my site is om the list of accredited sites but not on the list of sites to choose on online application.

I will check with them this weekend.

IF you have a site membership just quote your site membership number, that us your defence. Job Done.

Not always as retailer should check you on UKARA database. Most of them tend to do this as defence for themselves.

Sounds like you have a lot of experience. :rolleyes:

I purchased few RIFs from my local supplier (brick and mortar shop) on my membership number but no one of online retailers I triedd would accept membership number until it will be in UKARA database.

Not always as retailer should check you on UKARA database. Most of them tend to do this as defence for themselves.

The UKARA Database is irrelevant, your defence is your site membership. It can be checked by membership card or calling the site up, the UKARA Database simply records your sites membership number and only covers affiliated sites. Sure it can make things easier if your site is affiliated but it isn’t necessary.

I have never ben on the UKARA Database and have imported guns, bought guns on forums and from UK shops with no problems.

The UKARA Database is irrelevant, your defence is your site membership. It can be checked by membership card or calling the site up, the UKARA Database simply records your sites membership number and only covers affiliated sites. Sure it can make things easier if your site is affiliated but it isnt necessary.

I have never ben on the UKARA Database and have imported guns, bought guns on forums and from UK shops with no problems.

Agree. Your (player) defence is site membership (there are others but this is easiest to check). UKARA is retailer defence. I.e. if you want to sell RIF will you check player sitebership, call his site, try to obtain other form of evidence or just key in his UKARA number to the database and have this done in matter of seconds? This is just convenient for sellers.

As I said I purchased already few RIFs from brick and mortar shops using my site membership number but online retailers (at least those which I contacted) require player membership number to be registered in UKARA database.

Archived