Misfeed after spring upgrade

Mitch0rz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

As you can read in the topic I'm having misfeeds in semi (not in full auto) on my tm steyr aug. Upgraded the internals and everything works perfectly with the stock spring but my fps is only 220...

Therefore I installed a M110 spring, the gun cycles perfectly (or that is what I think) but when fully installed I get misfeeds on semi (not on full auto).

What I do notice is that with the M110 spring (don't know if its the same with the stock spring) the air nozzle is never in the same position after each semi shot. it looks like the gears don't always stop in the same position.

anyone with some intel?

thanks!

• Supporters

I don't know without checking it personally. Usually it's the other way around: misfeeds on auto but feeds good on semi.

Maybe something is not able to move freely. The tappet or the nozzle, or it is misaligned around the hopup. The hopup rubber protrudes too much in the way of the BB and it has hard time getting past it. Dunno.

I don't know without checking it personally. Usually it's the other way around: misfeeds on auto but feeds good on semi.

Maybe something is not able to move freely. The tappet or the nozzle, or it is misaligned around the hopup. The hopup rubber protrudes too much in the way of the BB and it has hard time getting past it. Dunno.

Well i did notice that when it misfeeds sometimes it shoots 2 bb's afterwards, so it could be a hopup issue? but why does it no do that with the stock spring (m80 or something?) but it does with the M110?

So, hop up is not the issue, without hop up the problem is the same. Now i did notice that when i hold my gun upside down, it feeds perfectly on semi and on auto. So i would think that it has something to do with the feeding of the bb from hi-cap mags. Now with an SP100 spring i can shoot quite consistent (bb everytime i fire) on semi but only with one of the mags.

after upgrading my cilinder head the stock air nozzle slides very hard up and down, after adding good amount of oil it started moving better but still alot harder than on the original cilinder head. Eventough it looks like it cycles pritty well this could be an issue? for example the air nozzle shuts to late causing the most amount of air to be lost in a bad seal causing no bb to pass the hopup?

could a heavyer battery fix anything? On what i know already about how the gearbox works i would think not?

Mitch

So, hop up is not the issue, without hop up the problem is the same. Now i did notice that when i hold my gun upside down, it feeds perfectly on semi and on auto. So i would think that it has something to do with the feeding of the bb from hi-cap mags. Now with an SP100 spring i can shoot quite consistent (bb everytime i fire) on semi but only with one of the mags.

after upgrading my cilinder head the stock air nozzle slides very hard up and down, after adding good amount of oil it started moving better but still alot harder than on the original cilinder head. Eventough it looks like it cycles pritty well this could be an issue? for example the air nozzle shuts to late causing the most amount of air to be lost in a bad seal causing no bb to pass the hopup?

could a heavyer battery fix anything? On what i know already about how the gearbox works i would think not?

Mitch

So the Tappet plate / cilinder head / air nozzle are not the issue aswell. swapped em all with stock parts. Seems that one mag alwayse works and the other doesn't. (so strange that the malfunctioning mag works with a m80 spring but not higher) Making me come to the conclusion one mag sucks and the other doesn't. Still don't understand why it works on full auto but not on semi...

What battery are you using?

A normal 1400mAh 8.4 NIMH

also noticed after this weekends scrim that if I squeeze "longer" on the trigger (so no fast single shot trigger actions) it would help to get a good feed. but i'm not 100% sure this was helping or not. On the scrim they said that the TM augs have really bad hi-caps and that the spring of the cap would push the bb's to hard? or that i should trim off some plastic of the lock that holds the bb's down. Alot was said but I don't know if there is anyone else with this experience.

Yust tried my ak's battery 1600mAh 9.6V battery.... feeding perfectly. so seems the misfeed is battery related so far... will keep posting with results... Thinking about buying lipo now since my charger is up for them. Will have more consistent amp flows then aswell...

Archived