WE 1911 MEU help.

AngerGames 666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I bought a WE 1911 MEU a couple of weeks back and test fired it plenty in the garden and it worked fine. Skirmishing it last weekend though I found that every time I fired it a boat load of gas was escaping out of the back of the gun and the ejector. The gun is well lubed but it seems that the piston sits too far forward when the slide is back and I think this is causing the issue. Now as I'm not well experienced with GBB pistols I wondered if there was something I could try first before taking the piston itself out, as I'm a bit worried about getting it back tofgether again.

I can't visit a tech as I'm a bit broke this month and would like to run it in my nbext skirmish which is before payday.

I've read that spraying a tiny bit of silicone lubricant into the actual piston might help this issue but some people tend to disagree with this vehemently.

Please give me some advice guys.

• Supporters

Take a pic of the back of the mag and post it here. There's a very simple fix that is really more of operator error when it comes to 1911s. If you look at the mag, you might see a little sliding tab. If this is up at all it may be blocking the gas release pin (idk what its called, now im embarrassed...). Just slide it down and that pin should pop out about a mm or so, and it should be fine. Of course, your gun/mag may actually have a problem, but when I first got my 1911 a few years back I had that issue for a bit before I realized it (more of a M&P/XDM/G17 guy myself ;) ). Also, if you could make a quick vid showing the problem I may be able to ID the issue. I like to consider myself rather good at this kind of thing, but I'll be honest... 1911s are a pain to work on compared to other pistols... At least my old WA ones are...

Take a pic of the back of the mag and post it here........... Also, if you could make a quick vid showing the problem I may be able to ID the issue.

I'll take some pictures and post them once I've finished work and got home, can't promise the video though unfortunately. I probably should have thought to do that first though really...

• Supporters

I'll take some pictures and post them once I've finished work and got home, can't promise the video though unfortunately. I probably should have thought to do that first though really...

I mean, I like to think im good and all, but still... ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Take a pic of the back of the mag and post it here. There's a very simple fix that is really more of operator error when it comes to 1911s. If you look at the mag, you might see a little sliding tab. If this is up at all it may be blocking the gas release pin (idk what its called, now im embarrassed...). Just slide it down and that pin should pop out about a mm or so, and it should be fine. Of course, your gun/mag may actually have a problem, but when I first got my 1911 a few years back I had that issue for a bit before I realized it (more of a M&P/XDM/G17 guy myself ;) ). Also, if you could make a quick vid showing the problem I may be able to ID the issue. I like to consider myself rather good at this kind of thing, but I'll be honest... 1911s are a pain to work on compared to other pistols... At least my old WA ones are...

Does this happen with all 1911's or just WE? I've got a bell one thats pissing me off!

• Supporters

Does this happen with all 1911's or just WE? I've got a bell one thats pissing me off!

No clue. I guess it comes down to the mag. And I have WA (Western Arms) 1911s, not WE ones. So I can't even vouch for those.

Archived