go pro set up

sharpe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so I recently got my self a go pro hero 4 silver, I don't run a helmet I run a simple cap my question is how do people set up there go pro''s? I'm not looking to do a YouTube channel, i just simply want to record my games to review back over and do some simple editing and share them amoung friends

• Supporters

so I recently got my self a go pro hero 4 silver, I don't run a helmet I run a simple cap my question is how do people set up there go pro''s? I'm not looking to do a YouTube channel, i just simply want to record my games to review back over and do some simple editing and share them amoung friends

Well, you have a few options. Ill list what I use (keep in mind I have at my disposal 4 GoPros (Hero 3+ silver, 2x Hero 3+ Blacks, and a Hero 4 Silver), as well as a Mobius action cam, and a 3DR SOLO UAV for use with a GoPro).

1: Headband. GoPro makes one that is decent, however it tends to bounce a little. I use this when sniping, as I wear a hat when sniping.

2: Helmet mount. I just put one of the adhesive GoPro mounts on the NVG mount - its worked fine so far. Companies also make proper GoPro -> NVG mounts, but I use the basic setup. (I know you said you dont use a helmet)

3: Chestie mount. Another GoPro mount - one of my least favorites as it can be blocked by your gun, and you have to be facing a target to see anything worthwhile.

4: Buffer tube mount. I use a GoPro handlebar mount on the base of my buffer tube on my ARs. This gives the view a very COD-like view, and is one of my favorites.

5: Barrel mount. Again, using the handlebar mount, you can either put it at the tip for a view of yourself, or towards the base of the barrel for a forward view.

6: Shoulder mount. I dont use this one, but watch Novritch to get an idea of this one.

I have seen these but I haven't heard much about them as to weather they are any good

Well, you have a few options. Ill list what I use (keep in mind I have at my disposal 4 GoPros (Hero 3+ silver, 2x Hero 3+ Blacks, and a Hero 4 Silver), as well as a Mobius action cam, and a 3DR SOLO UAV for use with a GoPro).

1: Headband. GoPro makes one that is decent, however it tends to bounce a little. I use this when sniping, as I wear a hat when sniping.

2: Helmet mount. I just put one of the adhesive GoPro mounts on the NVG mount - its worked fine so far. Companies also make proper GoPro -> NVG mounts, but I use the basic setup. (I know you said you dont use a helmet)

3: Chestie mount. Another GoPro mount - one of my least favorites as it can be blocked by your gun, and you have to be facing a target to see anything worthwhile.

4: Buffer tube mount. I use a GoPro handlebar mount on the base of my buffer tube on my ARs. This gives the view a very COD-like view, and is one of my favorites.

5: Barrel mount. Again, using the handlebar mount, you can either put it at the tip for a view of yourself, or towards the base of the barrel for a forward view.

6: Shoulder mount. I dont use this one, but watch Novritch to get an idea of this one.

all good ideas was thinking the go pro headband but if it can give quiet bouncy play back its not what I really want, tempted by a shoulder mount like I've seen Novritch but I think a go pro would be abit to big to use as his one looked pretty small

• Supporters

I have seen these but I haven't heard much about them as to weather they are any good

all good ideas was thinking the go pro headband but if it can give quiet bouncy play back its not what I really want, tempted by a shoulder mount like I've seen Novritch but I think a go pro would be abit to big to use as his one looked pretty small

Yes, I agree. Although there are three more options I did not mention, as I have not used them much. One has already been mentioned; BrainExploder's hat mount, and while I would personally like to use this one, I wear my caps facing backwards when shooting, as it contributes to fogging if my cap is forward.

The other two options use the GoPro hat mount. I would not recommend using the mount on a hat though - too likely to fall off IMO, and it makes the brim very heavy. I sometimes use the hat mount on my MOLLE vest though... On some of the smaller-woven MOLLE, it fits in quite well and gives a view similar to the Chesty, but you can place it anywhere, so unlike the Chesty it won't be blocked by your gun. Another option if to use that same hat mount to put it on your shoulder. I might actually have to experiment with this one as I believe it could work quite well.

If you have a helmet then use the NVG mount for your camera.

You can buy ris/keymod attachments for a gun cam or use the bike handlebar attachment.

One thing I've found is you need at least two (ideally 3) cameras to make engaging footage.

I use a few of BrainExploders designs, they are very well thought out and designed by a player/airsoft youtuber so he uses what he designs.

think I might invest in one then

If you have a helmet then use the NVG mount for your camera.

You can buy ris/keymod attachments for a gun cam or use the bike handlebar attachment.

One thing I've found is you need at least two (ideally 3) cameras to make engaging footage.

I am planning on getting a go pro seasons too as a look back camera on the gun or even attempt to use it as a third person camera

Archived