Pistol for starting gun

Riverboa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I will soon be going to a cqb areana in glos (strike force) could I buy an electric pistol as a first weapon would that be a smart choice?

Reasons for pistol are for.

Skrims

Other game modes

TTT

Murder

All off those modes I'm hoping to play with a group of friends if possible and pistols are good for the other game modes or just get a rifle and pistol?

Thanks.

A lot of people will tell you not to get a pistol as your first weapon this is mainly because:

1. You won't use it enough

2. As mentioned above, AEG's (Automatic Electric Guns) will generally have higher capacity mags

3. They aren't as versatile

However, they are f**king fun and look dope as but just realise you're gonna need both, if you have budget, do it.

I really depends on the site. Based on the size and length of games at Bunker 51 or Blitz CQB you could very well play both with just a pistol and lightweight gear. For some shots you would be at a disadvantage but there are equally plays where the short gun is going to help. But I wouldn't want to try and play Skirmish with just a pistol, that would be horrible as I would be enormously outclassed and the games are hours long and you just can't carry enough ammo for a pistol to sustain that without a lot of refills.

So the general advice is always AEG first, its the most versatile. Once you have that and have some games you'll start to appreciate what works and what doesn't with your gear and what you want to add. I didn't add a pistol for about 6 months, it was my first real jam of my AEG and the important position I was in and having to walk out of the game that made me get my first pistol (and the break of that pistol to get the second!).

• Supporters

I didn't transition to pistols-only CQB gameplay until my third year playing airsoft, and only at The Mall as it is semi-auto only over most of it. If the site was any longer range or full-auto everywhere I probably wouldn't play pistols only. And I would never go with an AEG pistol. The only advantage they have over a GBB one is the price (sometimes) and that you don't have to buy gas. Now, I always run with a pistol, even when using one of my AEGs. But using just a pistol, especially an AEP, would not be advisable for a beginner.

• Supporters

AEPs are without doubt one of the worst ideas anyone has ever come up with. Any time I have anyone shoot at me with one I feel almost insulted, the trigger response on them is so slow you can seek cover while the gun is waiting to eventually cough out a BB at 200fps.

GBB pistols are good fun, use one at the range.

At an outdoor skirmish wouldnt use one though, and would rather buy something else if I were into CQB

Pistols are good second weapons though, I plan to get one in a few months time.

Archived