7 inch groupings at 1.5 m, So inaccurate, Walther P 88 Spring.

JimmyJay
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

OK sorry for getting a bit carried away... Although you can certainly hit a person @ 50-60m... If you're aiming at the center of mass that probably means you have about 7 inches either side before you're missing.

And that's certainly not with .12g's lol

Calling b*ll*cks on that as well.

Wouldn't even attempt to shoot at someone 50/60mtrs away with my Upgraded TM m&p9 as I know that isn't happening. Most rifles it would be pot luck.

• Supporters

Calling b*ll*cks on that as well.

Wouldn't even attempt to shoot at someone 50/60mtrs away with my Upgraded TM m&p9 as I know that isn't happening. Most rifles it would be pot luck.

What he said, people's claims of 80m shots (except with very well tuned bolt action guns) are always exaggerated.

• Supporters

50-60m is achievable with most c02 pistols.

Keep in mind that most c02 pistols shoot between 300 and 400 fps and 300 feet = 91 meters~

that's less than a second's flight time, even considering resistance.

I own a couple of co2 pistols and both are running at 400fps+ and while I am sure they will fling a bb that far they won't do it with any accuracy. Distance and accuracy are two different things.

By the way you will lose huge amounts of velocity over that distance it wont stay anywhere near what its speed is as it leaves the barrel. Try setting your chrono out to 10mtrs and see the difference.

• Supporters

Keep in mind that most c02 pistols shoot between 300 and 400 fps and 300 feet = 91 meters~

Nononono. That's not how it works. :)

But this is good that you commented this. Maybe this is how people judge distance: the BB got there in about a second, and 300fps = 91 m/s so it's 91m.

The BB gets slower rapidly as soon as it leaves the barrel.

This is the relevant chart for 300 fps:

07-b-010.gif

Meaning the BB travels 130 feet / 39m in a second.

300 fps can give you about 50m range in my experience, where you are able to hit a man sized target in a few shots, aiming not too far above it. 350 fps is about 60m. (Fps measured with 0.2, but using heavy BBs and not using joule creep).

• Supporters

I think this post actually made me stupider just from reading it.

Archived