This new Airsoft rule that is trying to be implemented..

Mos
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So this high up chap is trying to get airsoft equipment lowered in their energy output - ok, muzzle energy.

And anyone who possesses an airsoft weapon which is over that limit of 1J or whatever is committing a crime, if this new rule is made official and implemented into society.

Well that's just great isn't it? I saw that you could get put into jail for 5 years, or around that number. This is surely mental, I don't see how lowering the power of an airsoft gun does anything to help the country. I didn't read much but I think that's the core of it..

Anyone else think it's ridiculous? I'm sure the chap is a genuine guy, but that's not the point.

What happens to all the Mancraft users or HPA people?

Oh well..

why would you be locked up? Owning an air rifle that has more than that power will not get you locked up. In Canada airsoft guns have to be OVER a certain energy level!

why would you be locked up? Owning an air rifle that has more than that power will not get you locked up. In Canada airsoft guns have to be OVER a certain energy level!

Oh,

I must be reading it wrong.. Did it not say if you go over the limit with a gun you breach some law, which is illegal?

My bad, it's only if you shoot someone with it.

Nevertheless, what's your views on this?

I don't want what we have to change, but I would honestly prefer a better system that controls who can buy a RIF.... Obviously I want my cake and eat it.... I don't want the cost of airsoft guns that are skirmishable to go up so a no change is best for that, but controlling the sale of RIFs in line with the way airguns are sold is safer in my opinion... assuming we will still be able to use them when skirmishing that is.

I don't want what we have to change, but I would honestly prefer a better system that controls who can buy a RIF.... Obviously I want my cake and eat it.... I don't want the cost of airsoft guns that are skirmishable to go up so a no change is best for that, but controlling the sale of RIFs in line with the way airguns are sold is safer in my opinion... assuming we will still be able to use them when skirmishing that is.

Yeah, I agree with you there, people can explore loopholes within the current system.

Interesting, how I see it, is that everyone whom owns an airsoft gun that would be classed as over the limit if this new law is placed is now under threat. We go by the law and we respect it, yet some how we would need to remodify weapons and potentially realise you've wasted a lot of money!

And what I read was that owning an airsoft weapon over the limit (when this law comes) would make your gun fit in with section 5 (I can't remember but something like that) which is somewhere/somehow illegal. To the average chap (me) that annoys me and now I'd have to go out of my way to make sure I face no problems with the law.

I'm just an average 14 year old, I play airsoft for fun, people with the word 'Lord' at the front of their name shouldn't dictate our sport and reduce the abilities you have in the sport - Sniping, would probably be more difficult, and that play style would be massively altered. Airsoft has been running smoothly for me so far, I've had no issues, England has little gun crime, reducing FPS is unnecessary IMO.

• Supporters

That's the kicker though isn't it, what insurance company is going to allow sites to use what are legally lethal weapons?

• Supporters
Thank god because at the moment there are 3 different threads about it.

Its almost as bad as all the morons bumping 3 month old sales thread.

Reckon we should petition parliament on IQ tests being a requirement of attaining a defence for owning a RIF or even a two tone.

Thank god because at the moment there are 3 different threads about it.

Its almost as bad as all the morons bumping 3 month old sales thread.

Reckon we should petition parliament on IQ tests being a requirement of attaining a defence for owning a RIF or even a two tone.

But then you would lose all the cannon fodder at games :D

Archived