I'm not an airsoft player, How do I get UKARA?

DrPengin

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am under 18, and I only intend to collect replica guns and use them occasionally in the garden./back yard and not play airsoft. I want to collect RIFS, but I need an UKARA and nobody in my friends or family has UKARA and I don't want to be buying of some shady seller (That's Final). How could I get a RIF

Thanks

Apart from UKARA there are other defences which allow you to purchase RIFS however they are all documented and traceable through a valid membership to a Re-enactment group for example.

Without a Defence Purchasing or Manufacturing a RIF would be breaking the law.

Copied this from a well know retailers website as their wording is clearer than mine.

Proof of a valid defence can be achieved in one of four ways which will need to be supplied to us on our ‘Order Page’ when purchasing guns:

• Provide us with your UKARA number
  • Provide us with your British Airsoft Club (BAC) number
  • Provide us with proof of your valid airsoft site membership – this can be a scan of your membership card which can be uploaded to us on the order page. Please note we will check this with the site so verification may take slightly longer than the two methods above. A list of valid airsoft game sites we can accept proof of membership from can be found here: http://www.ukara.org.uk/approved-gamesites.php
  • Provide us with your valid defence under Section 37 of the VCRA – these include the use of realistic imitations for film, television and historical re-enactment (again this may delay delivery as it will be checked with the relevant body before dispatch)

To prove you are an active “airsoft skirmisher” to obtain your UKARA or BAC number you must be a regular player at a skirmish site that has 3rd party insurance and must have attended 3 times in a period not less than 2 months.

UK law Requirements: Minimum age to purchase an airsoft gun is 18 years. An adult must supervise persons 14 to 17 years of age at all times. No gun should be carried in a public place unless in transit when it should be unloaded and placed in a secure gun bag or case. Note: guns must never be concealed on ones person.

• Supporters

I am under 18, and I only intend to collect replica guns and use them occasionally in the garden./back yard and not play airsoft. I want to collect RIFS, but I need an UKARA and nobody in my friends or family has UKARA and I don't want to be buying of some shady seller (That's Final). How could I get a RIF

Thanks

You cannot buy any RIF or IF until you are 18.

• Root Admin

Buyer still needs a valid defence. Please, all your questions are answered here: http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/forum/12-uk-law/

Don't ask for ways to bypass it - if you're not a skirmisher, re-enactor, part of a theatre troop or are setting up some sort of museum you won't get any sympathy from people on here.

Thanks

Why not just buy deactivated firearms?

Why not just buy deactivated firearms?

You still need a defence for this and still need to be 18.

You only need to be over 18 for deactivated firearms, looked into it a few months back. If you're buying from a dealer they will register your name and gun make/model on their own system, usually pen and paper, and that's it.

Problem there being that anything worth buying in the deac market is way over-priced. I wanted a Mosin, and the cheapest I could find was £475. You'd pay less for a fully functioning one.

• 3 years later...
14 minutes ago, Guest Pop1 said:

I am 70 years old and I would like to buy a replica gun but I don't have a Ukraa how do I get one

Hi there,

You don't need to be on the UKARA database to buy an imitation firearm, which is a replica gun which is painted in a bright colour to clearly show it's a toy. If you look on most airsoft gun websites they will offer a "two-tone" painting service for the gun you'd like.

Owing to the current Covid19 situation there aren't any skirmishes being held, meaning you won't be able to get on UKARA for a while either. 

Good luck!

23 minutes ago, Guest Pop1 said:

I am 70 years old and I would like to buy a replica gun but I don't have a Ukraa how do I get one

UKARA is an airsoft skirmisher defence.

If you intend to play airsoft with a RIF then you need to meet the criteria that a seller will require - most likely UKARA status obtained from playing at a site.

Why do you want to buy a replica?

Other than airsoft the valid VCRA section 37 defences are: 

2)Those purposes are—

(a)the purposes of a museum or gallery;

(b)the purposes of theatrical performances and of rehearsals for such performances;

(c)the production of films (within the meaning of Part 1 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (c. 48)_see section 5B of that Act);

(d)the production of television programmes (within the meaning of the Communications Act 2003 (c. 21)_see section 405(1) of that Act);

(e)the organisation and holding of historical re-enactments organised and held by persons specified or described for the purposes of this section by regulations made by the Secretary of State;

(f)the purposes of functions that a person has in his capacity as a person in the service of Her Majesty.

The original thread you have posted in was about collecting replicas.

There is no defence under the VCRA for collecting.

If you want to collect things that look like firearms then the suitable alternatives are lookalike airguns and deactivated firearms.

Both are firearms under legislation, and dont require a licence (as long as they comply with definitions and any additional specific requirements of Scotland & NI)

Another common reason this is asked on here is for cosplay.

There is no Defence for cosplay under the VCRA, and within the UK cosplay community there are event rules effectively preventing RIFs.

There are however ‘professional’ cosplayers who can fall within the theatrical defence

I am 70 years old and need to get a Ukara How do I get one I am not in a club gust collect replace guns and want to buy a cupol of guns 

what particular guns do you want to buy? If its just for replicas sake you could have other options.

• Head Moderator

Please check the dates on threads before posting. This topic is quite old.

If the topic starter would like this thread reopened, please PM me with a link back to this topic.

This is a general message which helps us speed up forum moderation.

Thank you.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.