Gun's life and adjustments

Hidden
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I want to buy my first airsoft gun - an UMAREX Walther P38 full metal. I won't go out and play with a team and stuff like that. I will only shoot it in private, for fun. I want to know for how long will it work if I treat it carefully and I only target practice with it ( the warranty only lasts 6 months and I don't want to pay ~150$ for a gun that works for half an year). I also want to know if the manual explains how to treat the gun as well as possible. If not, please give me some advice on how to do this ( greasing, depositing etc.)

Thank you!

Personally, I don't have any experience with that particular pistol but with proper care it should last you a lot longer than half a year, especially as you're only using it to plink targets.

As for treating the gun, I found the manual for it online. There is a page on disassembly, hop up adjustment and lubrication. The only thing i can add is to not use any lubricant/oil that will degrade rubber because if it gets on the hop up rubber or any other seals it will ruin the gun.

Hope this helps

The manual - http://www.greekairsoft.gr/manuals/manual.asp?Manufacturer=UMAREX&Filename=UMAREX+Walther+P38+Gas+Pistol+Manual%2Epdf

It doesn't really matter if the gun is using CO2 the maintenance regime is similar for most pistols.

Buy silicone grease for the metal / metal contact points and silicone oil spray for the rubber seals around the gun / mags. Try to keep oil off the hop-up. If you get oil on the hop-up, it's not the end of the world but will affect the consistency of your shots. You may need to end up taking the hop-up out and cleaning it to get the oil off.

That capsule will only lubricate the parts the CO2 gas will reach, i.e. the innards. It won't do anything for any of the external sliding parts. You'll need to learn to disassemble the gun to lubricate it properly. Don't worry It's usually a simple process to take apart the slide, receiver and barrel which is probably all you need to do for maintenance.

Archived