Elts7

Scorpion evo 3 maintenance

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Hi all

Ive just brought an evo 3 and i was wondering what maintenace needs to be carried out on it and how often. Ive looked in a few places snd csnt find no answers.

Any help is appreciated

clean the barrel carefully with the hop turned off. That is all you need to do on a new gun. Leave it alone until it breaks for other stuff.

Fair enough. Fairly simple. And just use silicon lube for the cleaning?

nope, don't put silicone in the barrel, it'll get on your hop rubber and make it useless. I clean my barrel with a cleaning rod, a square of tissue made damp and pull through using clean tissue until it comes out clean, then repeat once more but with a dry square of tissue.

But 100% remember to turn off the hop before sticking a cleaning rod in there.

nope, don't put silicone in the barrel, it'll get on your hop rubber and make it useless. I clean my barrel with a cleaning rod, a square of tissue made damp and pull through using clean tissue until it comes out clean, then repeat once more but with a dry square of tissue.

But 100% remember to turn off the hop before sticking a cleaning rod in there.

what do you mean by turn it off? disconnect battery?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.