First Gun - G36c - G&G / Ares / JG - which one to get?

Davidpearl
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys.

I hope you are well.

I am just about to embark into the world of airsoft and looking to purchase my first gun.

I have chosen the G36c to be my first gun and spent quite a bit of time researching what would be the best brand and variant to buy, unfortunately as it is the Internet there are oaf of conflicting arguments and genearly trolling so thought I would start a post here (apologies if there already is one in circulation)

I have a budget of £200 to £300 to spend and would like to hear people's opinions and experiences with these brands.....

Ares - I hear the guns in built solid and decent for an Ares as they usually are not very good but for G36's they are.

JG - I have read that these are cheap clones and that actually their G36 is an excellent starter and has been know to outperform other brands

G&G - the top end of the market and one of the go to brands for airsofters, reviewers seem to look elsewhere this gun.

The G&G sounds like the best bet due to their reputation and high regard for building decent airsoft guns but some reviewers have said the Ares is an amazing G36 and that the JG is fantastic for a first gun and can be better in some cases than the Ares and G&G offerings

I am also open to suggestions for other guns/brands for a first gun that would be good for a starter

Any help/assistance is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

David Pearl

• Supporters

JG not JK - she writes Harry Potter

Cyma also do 'em plus ICS

JG though cheap are excellent, plus you will need another £100 time you factor in charger, batteries, eyepro, mags, bb's, other stuff

So a JG G36c one will not be an unwise decision around £100-£125 from TaiwanGun or Gunfire

Thanks for the correction and information.

I am happy to spent £200+ on the gun alone but I think it may be wise to got for a JG for my starter and move upwards in a few months+ once I have my bearings and know what I want out of it.

Typically how many mags do you run with during a skirmish?

• Supporters

JG is your best choice here. Excellent first gun. Get the K version with the top rail for the best all around gun.

If you plan to stick around and get an M4 later then I suggest get the G36 with the M4 magwell. That way you will be able to keep using the same mags (and borrow some if needed). I really like the g36, for many years it was my main gun but I hated the mags.

If you fall in love with the G36 then go for a CA or the TM recoil later.

Go with the highcap first and when you get the hang of it, switch to midcaps IMO.

Mag count is hard to give you a decent estimate on becasue I know people who will blow through 400 rounds in a 30 minute skirmish game, where as I tend to be lucky to fire off half a mag. That does, of course, tend to be due to the fact that the aforementioned people run as fast at they can to the nearest choke point and trade BB's with the enemy for that half hour duration while I'm sneaking up the back stairs and helping myself to their objectives. The games your playing, how you play and how long they last for really need to be your guide.

Personally, I've either run four 120rd magazines or six 80rd magazines, depending on which gun we'e talking about (12rd's in my M4, 80rd in my old AUG I no longer have :()

JG is your best choice here. Excellent first gun. Get the K version with the top rail for the best all around gun.

If you plan to stick around and get an M4 later then I suggest get the G36 with the M4 magwell. That way you will be able to keep using the same mags (and borrow some if needed). I really like the g36, for many years it was my main gun but I hated the mags.

If you fall in love with the G36 then go for a CA or the TM recoil later.

Go with the highcap first and when you get the hang of it, switch to midcaps IMO.

Thanks for the advise - What is the main difference between the 'K' and the 'C' apart from the 'C' being smaller?

I am a bi lost on this site as they have so many different versions I am not sure which would be the best of the bunch:

http://specialairsoftsupplies.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=g36&page=1

For a G36c you can also look at CA - Classic Army (I have one) or SRC. SRC is usually frowned upon but apparently their G36c is quite good from when I looked into it.

Are these a decent price?

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/classic-army-ca36c-pl-aeg-carbon-version-airsoft-gun-aeg

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/classic-army-ca36k-aeg-airsoft

I'd say so. I paid similar for my G36K.

Aside from the length, the K has a small magnifying sight in the handle but no rails on top of the handle where as the C has a lower handle, rails and iron sights.

You can tell which version of the G36 bythe number of holes in the grip:

6 holes - G36 full length battle rifle.

4 holes - G36k carbine.

2 holes - G36c short.

So I think I am going with a JG for my starter - I can afford more but I think its a good starting point

I just need to decide which I want now

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/g608-kv-jg?from=listing&campaign-id=20 - Really like this one.

http://specialairsoftsupplies.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_125&product_id=658

http://specialairsoftsupplies.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_125&product_id=1290 - I like this one too

Archived