Modifying a Krytac - Trigger Pull

Destructification
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Waiting for delivery of a MK2 Krytac at the moment, and I was looking to mod it.. yeah. I'm wanting to reduce the trigger pull to ~0.6mm, as shown in a video such as this:

https://youtu.be/zgM2JkxyXzE?t=42s

Obviously I'd be wanting all the fire modes to still work as intended [safe, semi, auto].

Any idea how I'd go about doing it? As a newb, some of the videos are rather confusing & I probably wouldn't be comfortable doing it myself on a brand new gun [esp. a Krytac].. or how much a tech would be likely to charge? Or even if it can be done at all?

• Supporters

You will never get a mechanical trigger pull than fine - end of

That is a BTC Spectre or ASCU etc....

Krytac have a 3034 fet inside so that is not going to be needed after you pay out £100 + fitting the BTC

A mechanical trigger mod will be aprox 30% to 50% of original trigger pull

It has to have some travel for the trolley to move forward enough and the cut off lever to get under it

otherwise there will be little material popping the trolley on semi and really fine mechanical triggers won't last imho

They call it hairline mod but really it is a reduced trigger pull mod if you want it fully working and last say 40% pull

numerous guides around but tbh I'd advise against doing it on a decent gun out of box

a gun requiring attention - maybe if the trolley is jumping off the trigger sear then go for it as you have nothing to lose

It requires a lot of messing about, glue, file, test x rereat

I'd use your gun as is for a while, then if you still seek ultra fine trigger then BTC would be the way to go if you can run to it

But out of the box it is a snappy gun compared to most others especially when you fit deans connectors

you may get a 30k motor or look at others if you get the 20k motor in there maybe - or run on 11.1v on 20k motors

As SD has said I'd not go there. Also have you actually fired a Krytac? There is nothing wrong with the trigger pull as is, am not quite sure what you would gain by doing this.

I run a 30k motor and an 11.1v LiPo in mine and even with an M130 spring fitted it is incredibly snappy to shoot and very responsive.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. To be honest I wouldn't bother, certainly before trying your new AEG. if you want better trigger response, best bet is a higher torque motor. The stock motors in AEG's intended for The UK market vary. Some are 30k, which will give an excellent trigger response and definitely is not worth an upgrade in my humble opinion. Some come with a 20k motor as stock. Still pretty decent, but could be upgraded to 30k + if not quick enough for you.. HIgh torque motors differ in price significantly.

The SHS high toques probably give you the best value. Engineering time/cost should not be high as its a quick job.Go to a store like Pro Airsoft Suplieswho charge in 1/2 hour chunks, not 1 hour chunks. It certainly shouldn't take more than 1/2 an hour, whic Pro charge at £15:00. That said its so simple I'm sure that most people could carry out this work themselves, just check Google for advice. Best regards, Neville.

• 4 weeks later...

As SD has said I'd not go there. Also have you actually fired a Krytac? There is nothing wrong with the trigger pull as is, am not quite sure what you would gain by doing this.

I run a 30k motor and an 11.1v LiPo in mine and even with an M130 spring fitted it is incredibly snappy to shoot and very responsive.

so you do run 11.1v. why did you say 7.4, and why did you say no need for upgrades.

• Supporters

so you do run 11.1v. why did you say 7.4, and why did you say no need for upgrades.

He runs an 11.1v because he uses a heavier spring and he has no upgrades the motor is a Krytac 30k stock motor and a spring isn't an upgrade.

If you are going to pick apart others comments at least make sure you don't go at someone who has a lot more knowledge than you which PT247 does.

You asked what I recommended, not what I always use. I think it would be wrong of me to suggest you buy a battery that both Krytac's I own which were purchased in the UK stated not to use. I also fitted a 30k motor to mine and ran that on an 11.1v at sub 350fps but I'd not tell someone asking what to buy to do that either. At least you seem to have found the search facility rather than starting a new thread everytime you think of a question to ask just so you can ignore any advice offered. Like I said in the PM, fit what you like, it is your money..... strange that you are having issues though with inconsistent shots since getting yourself an 11.1v LiPo if you actually have.

Archived