TM Recoils

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Damn I've not been on here in a while, I bet half of the regulars aren't even the same ones I remember it's been so long.

Anyway though, I've been out of the game for a good year or two now and I'm looking to get back into it with something new to spruce things up a bit.

Got my heart more or less set on the TM H&K 416c from their recoil line, but I wanted to see if anyone on here has one and what they make of it?

How does the recoil system compare to the full stock model? I'm not actually sure I understand how it even works so if someone can explain it that'd be great too.

How solid is the wire stock?

A mate has the SOPMOD and the buffer tube seems to be forever loosening itself, he's actually buggered the threads on it now because it happens so much - is that something I have to concern myself with?

I'm drawn to it by the battery mag system and the compact size.

But I'm wondering if the battery mags come with the batteries? If not then what sort of size and voltage am I able to fit in there?

Are there any cons to the system I'm overlooking?
I already know that the mags are limited to 30 capacity, but I like that.
Cost is obviously a given, but does the battery being detachable with the mag cause any issues with circuit latency or arching between contacts etc?

I'm hoping I'll be able to whack a bunch of 9.6v NiHms in there, because they hold their charge longer without needing to be balance charged or anything - which will be nice for me because with how rarely I play these days I could probably go a year or more without having to worry about them being dead lol.

Any general insight on the gun in general would be appreciated though - I've not been able to find it cheaper than £500 yet either... Should I just accept they're expensive or do you guys reckon it's worth looking second hand or over seas?

I cant fault my recoil at all.

One thing I will say is that people that believe dumping a sh*t tonne of upgrades in shouldn't bother, the only things i have replaced are the spring and the installation of a spectre.

All the parts on mine that could loosen I have used micro amounts of lock tight on to make sure I can still break the seal but wont vibrate open, even then i have never used mine in full auto so how it would vibrate open I have no idea.

the C while looking nice and being compact is in my eyes just a bit of a gimmick, yes the battery being in the mags is cool but nothing beats some of the mods I've done myself or have seen on others but thats just my own opinion. The only thing that would make me even contemplate the 416c is the fact it can fit in a decent backpack.

In all honesty I don't think you'll be disappointed with any recoil you get as when I switch back to a normal AEG I miss the recoil but thats not the only factor that keeps me in love with it, everything is so well made that you'd be hard pushed to royally screw them up! Mags are switchable between differing numbers depending on the mags you get. I would say stay true to form and buy TM mags rather than anything else, but again that would be up to you depending on budget.

Get a 416D And stick a spectre mostfet and 9.9 LiFe battery in it. You won be disappointed with the results! :P

I cant fault my recoil at all.

One thing I will say is that people that believe dumping a sh*t tonne of upgrades in shouldn't bother, the only things i have replaced are the spring and the installation of a spectre.

All the parts on mine that could loosen I have used micro amounts of lock tight on to make sure I can still break the seal but wont vibrate open, even then i have never used mine in full auto so how it would vibrate open I have no idea.

the C while looking nice and being compact is in my eyes just a bit of a gimmick, yes the battery being in the mags is cool but nothing beats some of the mods I've done myself or have seen on others but thats just my own opinion. The only thing that would make me even contemplate the 416c is the fact it can fit in a decent backpack.

In all honesty I don't think you'll be disappointed with any recoil you get as when I switch back to a normal AEG I miss the recoil but thats not the only factor that keeps me in love with it, everything is so well made that you'd be hard pushed to royally screw them up! Mags are switchable between differing numbers depending on the mags you get. I would say stay true to form and buy TM mags rather than anything else, but again that would be up to you depending on budget.

It's funny, I have a TM Scar L CQC. I was of the same mind that they don't need upgrading till I had a go of a friends 416 that had been upgraded by Kingdom of airsoft. Pretty much the next day I sent mine up there to get the works! It's now hitting 65+ meters with a .3. ( I lazered it before at 50 meters max) The spectre is a massive help as I was getting pretty bad semi lock up. I wouldn't nesessarily say you MUST have it done by Sam as a good home tech could do the same job for a lot less. Point is, the extra 50 fps combined with a top barrel and R hop has made my grouping awesome! internally the spectre has sorted the lock ups, the new gears and shimming with metal bushes mean it's really smooth.

• Supporters

Hmm, you didn't say it directly but you've just made me think how handy it'd be being able to borrow mags from team mates - which I wouldn't be able to do with the battery mags.

That's the first major thing to sway me away from the c variant - though you can still run the c with a regular battery and mags as far as I understand?

Do they have the options to switch from mags to standard battery set up whenever you want or is it something you need to do once and then leave like that forever?

Hmm, you didn't say it directly but you've just made me think how handy it'd be being able to borrow mags from team mates - which I wouldn't be able to do with the battery mags.

That's the first major thing to sway me away from the c variant - though you can still run the c with a regular battery and mags as far as I understand?

Do they have the options to switch from mags to standard battery set up whenever you want or is it something you need to do once and then leave like that forever?

Could you not just get the devgru?

http://www.camoraids.com/shop/airsoft-weapons/airsoft-assault-rifles/tm-devgru-hk416d-custom/

Or the cheaper standard 416

http://www.camoraids.com/shop/airsoft-weapons/airsoft-assault-rifles/tm-hk416d-next-gen/

Do your team mates have recoils also OR will you be running the mag adaptor so you can run non recoil mags?

• Supporters

416C is a bit of a gimmick IMO, the recoil weight is smaller and the battery magazines just seem like another point of resistance.

The 416D however... awesome gun, re-wire the stock to deans, put a 7.4v LiPo in there and you're laughing. Only upgrades I would say are worth the money are BTC Spectre MOSFET and main spring, sure you can spend £800 on prometheus parts citing 'durability' but my old M4 SOCOM with just a Spectre and an M100 spring trucked along maintenance free for 2 years before I sold it. Saw it again a few weeks back in the hands of it's new owner and it's still going over a year later.

• Supporters

Got to say I'm being swayed towards the D model, largely due to the cheaper price because I'd save a lot not needing as many mags or an army's worth of batteries to power them lol.

But I do feel that the C would better suit my requirements. I use a bike from transport rather than a car, and lately I've been using a stubby AK with a folding stock, which is absolutely ideal for keeping kit to a minimum.

Though I guess the gun being small doesn't count for much if you're going to need a whole rig's worth of mags and batteries to run it, so it's a bit of a moot point.

How does the recoil system actually work then? If the C is worse than the D - is the D the same as the DEVGRU or is it worse?

Before you decide try looking at the KWA ERG Guns, they are similar to the TM but with better recoil. They can use standard mags without any adapter though why you would when there specific mags are £40 for 3 and feed every bb and enable last round bolt lock feature. Oh the mags are also switchable between 30 or 60 round capacity.

At the moment they only offer the RM4a1 an M4 with a rewired Crane Battery Stock and the AKR74 a modern polymer folding full stock AK Variant. You may also still be able to find one of the PTS Magpul Bodied Scout ERG’s too.

Best of all they run about 3/4 the cost of the TM and use normal batteries and short of maybe the hop need no upgrades from the box.

Edit: Nearly forgot I travel by bike to any of these wil easily fit in a hard or soft case you can strap to the seat or rack.

post-10771-0-93977800-1472169176_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

The recoil system is a weight in the buffer tube on a spring, there's a rod that rests against the back of the piston which pushes it back and when the piston goes forward it also releases the recoil weight.

If anything, the 'recoil' goes the wrong way!

If you're after something compact that'll go in a backpack, consider the SCAR-L CQB, the stock folds so it'll go into a small box/bag and they're every bit as reliable as the M4 models.

Got to say I'm being swayed towards the D model, largely due to the cheaper price because I'd save a lot not needing as many mags or an army's worth of batteries to power them lol.

But I do feel that the C would better suit my requirements. I use a bike from transport rather than a car, and lately I've been using a stubby AK with a folding stock, which is absolutely ideal for keeping kit to a minimum.

Though I guess the gun being small doesn't count for much if you're going to need a whole rig's worth of mags and batteries to run it, so it's a bit of a moot point.

How does the recoil system actually work then? If the C is worse than the D - is the D the same as the DEVGRU or is it worse?

Have you thought about the SCAR? I have the L CQC which has a foldable stock. Great for packing into a bag. Have you looked on youtube at matt the musketeer or maybe randomtrashy? both are now using TM recoils with great effect. Do you understand about the bolt stop function? You use a specific mag that has a cut off lever at the back allowing the gun to stop firing after the last BB. You can get a convertor tube but you lose that function.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Anyone any idea which 9.6v NiMhs would fit in the battery mags?

Try
ing to price everything up but there's not much info on the mag space.

• Supporters

You're never getting a 9.6v NiMh in there. No way.

I don't have a LiPo charger at the moment so I'm just trying to keep the costs down so I can live off more than £80 before next pay day lol

It's looking like I'll be getting these instead now:

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/kong-power-rechargeable-lipo-battery-1900mah-22c-74v-single-pack-mtamiya

Don't suppose anyone can tell me if this charger will work? I've no idea how many cells are in LiPos:

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/vapex-lipo-life-balance-charger-upto-3-cell-vte-600

• Supporters

Never mind, figured it out.

• Supporters

I have time constraints otherwise I would have.

Anyway, all ordered now =D

• Supporters

Used it yesterday and loved it, could do with another mag or two though.

It's only hitting 240fps on .28s as well, I'd like that to be closer to 290, what spring do they have fitted as standard?

Thinking of putting an uprated one in and a tightbore.

• Supporters

Used it yesterday and loved it, could do with another mag or two though.

It's only hitting 240fps on .28s as well, I'd like that to be closer to 290, what spring do they have fitted as standard?

Thinking of putting an uprated one in and a tightbore.

Stock spring is M90ish. Leave the barrel alone (honestly, prometheus is NOT an upgrade here) and stick an Eagle6 M100 spring in there.

Archived