Putting a scope on M15A4

Bluegill
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yo :lol:

Pretty much as the title says really! I love optics and playing around with different setups and would like to just buy a cheapish scope to play around with. I do know however that you get what you pay for in the world of optics and I have taken that into consideration. I'm looking for something that I can use to engage at medium range. I have no CQB sites near me and prefer woodland combat anyway so it's not going to be close quarters.

I think a 3-9x40 would be satisfactory - just want to know about the mounts. Obviously the M15A4 has a Weaver rail so I'm presuming I'm looking for a set of 20mm mounts. At 3-9x40 the end of the scope will be quite large so I'm thinking a set of high mounts might do the job!

Could anyone give me any advice or shout me anything I may want to consider as I'm quite new to airsoft optics.

TA!

Blue :D

P.S - Messages along the general line of 'OMG Y R U BYIN A SCOWP IZ IT COZ U FINK U IZ GNA B A 1337 SNIPEZ?' are not welcome... :rolleyes:

• Supporters

Have you thought about an Acog? 4x magnificent and can get a doctor red dot sight above up so you get the best of both worlds. see no use for scopes in airsoft the range of engagement is too close for a scope and in woodland your just fanatically look in and out of it as you don't get a good field of view / too zoomed.

also i think high mounts might be a bit too high.. ;)

Have you thought about an Acog? 4x magnificent and can get a doctor red dot sight above up so you get the best of both worlds. see no use for scopes in airsoft the range of engagement is too close for a scope and in woodland your just fanatically look in and out of it as you don't get a good field of view / too zoomed.

also i think high mounts might be a bit too high.. ;)

Cheers for the feedback Matt, much appreciated as always. I get your point re: the high mounts. Maybe medium mounts would be suitable!

The ACOG scopes are pretty tasty, though the one with the tiny red dot doctor sights are particularly expensive for what I'm looking for. Might be best for me to get on Airsoft Club as they've got some ACOGs on offer!

Cheers Matt, you've been loads of help dude! B)

If you insist on getting something zoomy look for one of the Eotech's and get a magnifier for it, ony 2X zoom, gives you plenty for airsoft ranges and it can always be removed for the closer engagments you may face

again, airsoft club is your friend on that one.

Cheers Dave, I know you're 'scope king' so I shall bow to your superior knowledge! Trouble is, if I go down that route, it's more of a commitment than spending say £40 on something just as an experiment.

What shall I do! :huh:

they do sell acog with iron sights on the top which are more than capable for airsoft. :)

That's a good idea, hadn't thought of that. It seems that the best thing to do may be to just take the plunge and try something out. At worst I won't like it and I can sell it on and at best it'll be just what I want!

Cheers guys!

Archived