Sniper Loadout (couple of questions)

LewisAirsofter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Couple of questions..

What camo should I use? Where do you play (woodland/urban/sand)

Ghillie Suit or no? Only if woodland or where there is natural cover

Combat Rig? (If no, specify why) I use a botched together thang, I use 40mm grenade pouches for my VSR mags as they very nicely hold 2 in each, I have cable-tied it to a chest rig and also cable-tied my Mk23 holster to it too. You don't need one though, VSR mags easily fit in a shirt sleeve pocket.

Places where I can upgrade my sniper rifle? Do it yourself.

Thanks.

Couple of questions..

What camo should I use? Where do you play (woodland/urban/sand)

Ghillie Suit or no? Only if woodland or where there is natural cover

Combat Rig? (If no, specify why) I use a botched together thang, I use 40mm grenade pouches for my VSR mags as they very nicely hold 2 in each, I have cable-tied it to a chest rig and also cable-tied my Mk23 holster to it too. You don't need one though, VSR mags easily fit in a shirt sleeve pocket.

Places where I can upgrade my sniper rifle? Do it yourself.

Thanks.

Where can I buy parts from though? and I play in a woodland area

Where can I buy parts from though? and I play in a woodland area

Easiest answer is to look at youtube for inspiration! Bodgeups and Novritch are paving the way for most snipers nowadays. Check out PhantomTMA too for the more involved "Hunteering" aspect of the game. What gun do you have that needs to be upgraded? if it's anything other than a VSR then sell it and buy one as they're the easiest and most popular rifle to upgrade.

I personally don't like ghillie suits as they snag on branches etc so I just wear combats. If I were you I'd learn to snipe with less kit first, then once you actually have a rifle that is accurate and at 500fps then work on your loadout as mags in pockets is nice and simple and costs not a lot of dosh which will free up funds for upgrading your rifle.

If you use Google you will find many many many UK shops selling VSR compatible upgrade parts. If you shop around you will find some with good stocks which will save you a bit in postage and you will find some places that are a bit cheaper to buy from too. It is up to you how much research you do but I 100% believe if you are going with a sniper rifle you should learn how to google as there is more help on this subject matter than most other rifles.

Upgrade the bits yourself, buy the tools you need and watch YouTube instructional vids to help you, they are simple and knowing how to strip them down will aid your understanding of how they work and what maintenance is required.

Easiest answer is to look at youtube for inspiration! Bodgeups and Novritch are paving the way for most snipers nowadays. Check out PhantomTMA too for the more involved "Hunteering" aspect of the game. What gun do you have that needs to be upgraded? if it's anything other than a VSR then sell it and buy one as they're the easiest and most popular rifle to upgrade.

I watch Novritsch a lot, my computer wallpaper is him sniping. I'm looking for any sniper on airsoftworld tbh, It has to be two tone so I'm buying from airsoftworld so I can get the snake pattern as I can't stand bright orange/green.

I watch Novritsch a lot, my computer wallpaper is him sniping. I'm looking for any sniper on airsoftworld tbh, It has to be two tone so I'm buying from airsoftworld so I can get the snake pattern as I can't stand bright orange/green.

Not sure but I don't think airsoft world sell bar 10's (The best clone of the TM VSR), a TM will set you back about £200-215 and you pretty much have to swap all of the internals to get it to 500 fps although as PT247 days, get used to the whole sniping role first! You may hate it!

I use a Jack Pyke LLCS suit (Like bodgeups) as it works better in the UK enviornment and you can buy add ons to camo your head to your toes to the tip of your gun! For a good quality upgrade kit, I just did a friends gun that was on a budget. He had the JG Bar 10 (£130) with the aspuk kit

http://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/#!product-page/cznj5/1319deb2-936e-4801-1111-cd9ce043d6aa

Together with an AA hop unit (£50) and the gun shoots 500fps, will hit a target at 70 meters with a .45 and tbh is pretty much the same as my EDGI (Novritch) build VSR that cost me about £600!

If you have a bit more money then you could try the Airsoft pro kit which is awesome but their current V3 trigger is crap! for a fair bit more there's laylax which are very very good but the result will be the same as the ASP kit but smoother! then you get into your PDI's which are the cream! I have 3 VSR's, a Mancraft HPA Gspec, an EDGI Pro and an ASP Gspec. All are great but they all fire about 65-70 meters with the same accuracy! If you want to go down a different route then have a look at the KJW M700. It's a gas sniper that CAN be awesome with a bit of money spent on it! I have the Tanaka M40A1 which is crazy! 100 meters but it joule creeps more than most other guns (Google joule creep).

Camo: I personally use flecktarn. The more I use it, the more it wears down and the better it looks!

Ghillie: I own one, but it's stayed in the closet after the first (and only) time I tried to use it. It's just not for me. Mainly dependent on field.

Combat Rig: I use my belt setup (holster, 4x pistol mag pouches and a utility pouch. I also use a daypack/hydration carrier.

Upgrades: I decided to go with the original PDI hop up unit with a madbull AEG TBB. I then got 90 deg. trigger, new cylinder and so on. Left hand conversion and got an SDiK. Oh I also got a PDI outer barrel because I may or may not have bent the original. If I had to do something else now it'd be getting a new hop unit and a nicer barrel.

• Root Admin

A third thread on this stuff? Really?

Read this for a bit: http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/ - all the questions you've asked have been asked and answered a thousand times over. Not only that, but you're summarising pretty complicated questions into single sentences so you're never going to get complete answers from the small set of us here.

You're lucky the regulars here are so forgiving and ready to answer questions that've been asked a lot already.

Anyhoo, if you haven't the budget for a TM VSR then I don't know where the rest of your gear fits in. Best hop on eBay and look for surplus or second hander decent repros like Flyye.

I hate to be a downer, but you really, really don't know what you're in for. Airsoft sniping is expensive, and a two-tone just will not do against the backdrop of a forest. It's generally the given advice to never start off sniping when you get into airsoft. The people you watch know the sites they're playing at (or are playing with people who know them) and know the various methods, have the patience, skill and money to make sure they're competitive against people who can still shoot 70% of your range and at a far greater rate of fire.

If you go in as a beginner with little to no knowledge then you will get your arse handed to you every time, and you will probably not enjoy it with no basic AEG to fall back on. It may even taint your opinion of airsoft enough to get you to quit. I don't think there's anyone here who hasn't seen someone do exactly that over the years, so please don't be that guy.

Do things right and read these threads. Treat your experience as a total beginner and don't blinker yourself just to sniping to start off with:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/3779-the-beginners-guide-to-airsoft/

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17294-ians-guide-to-noobism-on-a-tight-budget/

A third thread on this stuff? Really?

Read this for a bit: http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/ - all the questions you've asked have been asked and answered a thousand times over. Not only that, but you're summarising pretty complicated questions into single sentences so you're never going to get complete answers from the small set of us here.

You're lucky the regulars here are so forgiving and ready to answer questions that've been asked a lot already.

Anyhoo, if you haven't the budget for a TM VSR then I don't know where the rest of your gear fits in. Best hop on eBay and look for surplus or second hander decent repros like Flyye.

I hate to be a downer, but you really, really don't know what you're in for. Airsoft sniping is expensive, and a two-tone just will not do against the backdrop of a forest. It's generally the given advice to never start off sniping when you get into airsoft. The people you watch know the sites they're playing at (or are playing with people who know them) and know the various methods, have the patience, skill and money to make sure they're competitive against people who can still shoot 70% of your range and at a far greater rate of fire.

If you go in as a beginner with little to no knowledge then you will get your arse handed to you every time, and you will probably not enjoy it with no basic AEG to fall back on. It may even taint your opinion of airsoft enough to get you to quit. I don't think there's anyone here who hasn't seen someone do exactly that over the years, so please don't be that guy.

Do things right and read these threads. Treat your experience as a total beginner and don't blinker yourself just to sniping to start off with:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/3779-the-beginners-guide-to-airsoft/

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17294-ians-guide-to-noobism-on-a-tight-budget/

Thank you.

• Supporters

nothing yet, you need to use google and youtube. Do some research and learn rather than be spoon fed!

who needs feeding :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

(sorry i couldnt resist)

what's spoon feeding? I'm not sure what that is,

lol

I made a whole thread on my journey of doing up my tm vsr. It's mostly silly questions.

But it pretty much answers most things (or just check all threads I've created regarding sniper rifles)

Read it and you should know roughly what to do.

But basically:

Tokyo Marui VSR's (the sniper rifle I'd recommend) are made in Japan, where there is a law that they have to be below 300FPS with 0.2s (there is an equivalent to this, in joules. Whatever the equivalent is, is the energy out the muzzle, which varies depending on what weight BB and the speed of it, out the muzzle.) so, when you get it back in England (I'm guessing this is where you live) you'll want to up the FPS (with 0.2's, even though you'll use heavier weight BBs) so you can do this with getting a stiffer Spring, which means you will need to get a 90 degree trigger so you don't break stuff, and a 90 degree piston, along with a new spring guide and probably a new bucking (IMO - debatable) probably end up getting a new cylinder too. Once you've bought that, and probably ended up buying more parts and spent a lot of time in your garden just adjusting scopes, zeroing, finding out you've adjusted your nub wrong, discovering the holy biro mod you will be near happiness.

I hope you're getting the message that this is expensive.

When for 150 quid you can get yourself a nice AEG - don't go for sniper rifles as your first weapon.

Honestly, I've got one and I'm still upgrading/modifying it, I've had it for like 3-4.5 months now.

Archived